British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
this is the first forum I have ever joined! I am 34 yrs old and have been seriously into the hobby for the last 6 months. Previously I had had a few tanks, never with real plants and usually a gong show (wrong fish, too many, algae whoa etc etc) this summer I decided to get a little 10 gallon tank, mostly for my kids,and added a school of zebra fish to it. Well it was a bit lame so of course I went googling and then... Dun dun daaaaaa, I discovered aquascaping. Well the rest is history I'm totally obsessed with my tanks. Now I have a 60 gallon tropical community tank as heavily planted as it gets, a 29 gallon heavily planted puffer tank and a 10 gallon planted shrimp/snail tank!
I love my aquariums and they bring me endless joy. I just wish there was more time in the day to stare at them.

I am always researching the planted ecosystem and trying new things so that I can get up to speed. Soon I will be setting up my 125 gallon and I am still looking for inspiration. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good call battmanh, I posted a few pics on my profile of the tanks, seems like they are pretty low quality pics by the time they get onto the site though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
welcome and nice looking tanks! Just remember, if anyone calls you crazy for setting up another tank...just stop talking to them, you don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

·
Registered
208 Posts
welcome and nice looking tanks! Just remember, if anyone calls you crazy for setting up another tank...just stop talking to them, you don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
LOL. What if you're married to the person saying those..those...nonsensical things? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts