British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks guys :)

Ligth's a Fluval nano led, I opened a post about it 'cause I'm having second thoughts..
http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/equipment-talk-section-14/what-about-fluval-nano-led-lamp-163650/
To be honest I think it should be fine. From my experience so far - I have really strong lighting and I have algae issues (GSA) because my plants can't keep up... or maybe I didn't dose enough macros before haha. Still in the process of figuring it out exactly - but I think it's safe to say that if you have a strong light you better make sure you have the right dosing and CO2. That or turn down the amount of time the light is on. At least with this light you can leave it on for 8 hours and not have to worry I would think (about algae).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I uploaded the pics with the forum image feature.. Who knows.

The light kind of bothers me because I wanted a heavily planted tank.. I tried to make a comparison with some charts, based on lumens, and it looks like it may not be enough to grow the hemiantus that I planted at the front..
I'll wait about 2 weeks and I'll see if the plants start growing or not..
The alternative would be this one:
Nano Aura High Performance LED Lamp | A3972 | Lighting | Fluval
But it's like 115$.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I have an Azoo Flexi Mini posted for sale. Check it out it may be suitable for your setup. If you are interested let me know. Great looking tank and yeah can't see the pics on Tapatalk but it's fine on a browser.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi, small update: the branch now has some white mold (nothing out of ordinary at this stage), and the tropica soil absorbed all the carbonates in the water, so KH and GH both dropped to 0. Added some kh and some gh solutions, now the values are:
KH: 6 dKH
GH: 10 dGH
PH: 6.5
NO3: 20 mg/l
NO2: 0.5 mg/l

The hemiantus on the front is not 100% happy. I do not know if it's lack of light or lack of nutrients, or just the fact that water had 0 hardness before.. Hope it gets better.
Same is true for the hygrophila on the back, that is losing the lower leafs.

Pogostemon and althernathera both look perfectly healthy.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts