British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member and my name is Lyn.

I have been keeping fish, on and off, for 25 years. I started when it seemed nobody at the aquarium stores knew anything about cycling tanks or growing plants. I learned by hard experience and much suffering on the part of the poor fish.

I recently moved and the plan was to live in the country and travel. Yeah, well, that didn't happen. What happened was we got farmerish. We now have 13 Indian runner ducks, a dog and a cat. In my previous home I had a 90 gallon, a 55, a 28 bow front, and, of course, the obligatory tanks that get set up and taken down depending on who spawns or who gets sick. All fresh water. I sold them all for a song (several songs) and thought I would do without. When I realized we are not going anywhere because of the animals we have, I started up a 65 gallon and a 30 gallon. Although we have lots of land, the house is small and there is only room for this many tanks. I do know and have experienced the multiple tank syndrome. The size of our home plus the objections of my partner will keep my obsessive tendency in check.

My intent is to plant heavily. The 65 is cycled since I bought it up an running. It is now planted and well stocked with fish, but the 30 gallon is just starting out. I did seed it with media from the running tank and some commercial bacteria. The C02 system is being shipped as I write this and I am looking forward to getting that set up. The best of all...we have a deep clean well so I don't need to worry about chlorine or chloramine (spelling?).

I found this forum by searching for a Canadian group. I am a bit confused though because I see that the home office is in Toronto and not someplace in BC.

Looking forward to many discussions.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
welcome! the office is in Toronto..but the original owner of the forum is here in Vancouver. but its definitely a bc based forum. glad you found us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Enjoy! After the area you are currently living in, it will be like heaven. Hope there are good aquarium stores there.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Campbell river pets. And there's some other one called dragons lair. The only shops I know of up there. Courtney has Courtney pets. You can get them sent via pacific coastal though but minimu, charge now is 75.00.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts