British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I have considered fish keeping for quite a few years and this last year we have taken the plunge. We've started with a 26g bowfront planted aquarium and a male mustard gas halfmoon betta we've named Jack.
He's so much more interactive than I imagined a fish could be! I've come to love him very much over the few months we've had him. His personality is friendly and curious and after getting to know him over the last 7 weeks we felt that his personality was worth trying out some tank mates and so we added 4 cherry shrimp a week ago. So far Jack has been polite, if not friendly and all 4 are still with us.

I've joined BCAquaria to learn more about aquariums and at this time specifically, more about aquatic plants and sources, as local as possible, to acquire plants from. We have a big-box pet store near us but their plants never look very healthy and tbh, it's clear the people working there aren't very knowledgeable! We also have a LFS that we feel does have a lot of good knowledge that they are more than happy to share with us about fish and other aquatic critters but they have limited knowledge and/or supply for planted tanks.

I've browsed the site quite a few times over the last 6-9 months while researching different things and I feel like there's a lot of valuable information to be gained here:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome to the site! Lots of helpful people here. What sorts of plants do you have in your aquarium or are you holding off until you find some really good sources for healthy plants? I'm sure someone in/around your area will be able to help out with your search. Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually just posted in the plant section of the forum to help identify and troubleshoot my plants:) I added a photo of my aquarium to my profile. I think I have bacopa myriophilloids, hygrophilia corymbosa, amazon sword plant and some sort of dwarf grass, maybe sagittaria or amazon chain sword?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts