British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to freshwater aquariums/fish keeping. I have a 45 gallon bowfront planted aquarium cycling (on day 24) and a 29 gallon cycling (on day 6). Both have some plants and beautiful pieces of wood. I'm finding it soooo frustrating doing a fishless cycle w/ammonia, playing the waiting game to make sure both are fully cycled properly and ready for some fishies. I've using an aquaclear 110 filter (fantastic) on the 45g and an aquaclear 50 w/another simple filter (internal) of similar water movement. My substrate is fluval and fine black sand (I didn't do either deep enough). I'm using Prime and ammonia so far. When I've got these tanks cycled, fish in them and no problems (for 6 months or so), I have some 10gallon tanks I'd like to try shrimp in. As to what fish I want....I'm thinking pygmy cories, endlers, galaxy rasbora and maybe dwarf gourami. (But not all in one tank). So that's me. ATTACH=CONFIG]124129[/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Welcome Deborah;
You will find all kinds of good help and information with fresh water here on BC Aquaria. :)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Love the planted set up. Welcome to BCA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts