British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 3 aiptaisa eating nudibranchs from a fellow breeder in van a few months ago to combat my very bad aiptaisa problem in my display tank. I decided to set up a seperate system, 2 ten gallon tanks, to breed them so i had a few more before adding to my DT as i wanted them to have the best chance of breeding. One tank i have for cultivating aiptaisa without adding live rock from display tank as i do not want to introduce amphiopods into breeding system as they may eat eggs, The other for the bergs. I now have about 20 good sized (1/2" - 3/4") bergs happily munching aiptaisa. There is also countless egg spirals all over the place. Time to move most over to display tank, and figure out how to get the aiptaisa to reproduce faster as they are starting to use up all i have in aiptaisa tank. I feed aiptaisa brine shrimp and poke them every other day to get them to send out eggs or whatever it is but at the rate they are eating i may run out in month or so.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Nice, i want some :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Wow, thats great! How long did it take for the nudis to multiply so much?
Isn't it a little ironic that now you worry that you will not have enough aipatasia :lol:
Do you have any fish in your DT that might want to eat these little helpers?
Good job!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No fish that i am worried about, the bergs are nocturnal so during the day they are hidden, come out when fish are sleeping. I am worried about hermit crabs and a 3" sally lightfoot crab (trying to catch and put in refugium)

Its been about 2 months now to have this many.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
This guys sound pretty interesting n probably the best solution to Aiptaisas. However I don't have any aips in my tanks to feed them... lol

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I was gonna get some to eradicate my aiptasia but a couple weeks after adding my copper band all my aiptasia disappeared

1 - 6 of 6 Posts