British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the quick crete grand gravel or base rock, says it is crushed gravel, from Home depot in there tanks? I bought a large bag of natural gravel years ago but it was a different brand and gravel size. Or anyone know a good place to get natural gravel for a decent price?

·
Super Moderator
5,270 Posts
I would suggest Quadra Stone. I used to pick of 50lb bags for $15-$20 a few years ago.

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mr Pet's sells coarse and fine natural 30 bucks for 50 lbs, you could probably get a better price if you get quantity. Home Depot stuff is really big gravel, I checked it out, same with lowes.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yep, I highly recommend the gravel mr.pets sells. Lapis lustre. It's perfect size for planting and it's pretty cheap, most places like petsmart sell their cheap brand crappy gravel for $1 per pound. There's also pool filter sand, I think it's $20 for 30 or 40 pounds at the spa place here in chilliwack. No clue what color it is though.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I used 40 Lbs of quickcrete gravel in a planted tank i set up in Saskatoon as base rock before i loaded the top with a bag of Seachem Flourite, im cheap, it was cheap made sense to me. Just wash the high heavens out of it and you will not have any problems. At least that was my experience. Best of luck to you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts