British Columbia Aquariums banner

21 - 40 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Did a Google search for Big Al's locations in the lower mainland and found that they were now Island Pets. From there I found a link to BCA, was impressed by this forum, signed up and the rest is history.:)

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Does BCAquaria ever post ads on Craigslist or Kijiji telling people about the site? It might be a good way to publicise it.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
browsing the web for local discus stores and came across april's site. She had a link to this place and simplydiscus.

·
Registered
479 Posts
A Friend from BCRC Told me about this site. this was before i was into fish, and when i had a bunch of reptiles. since then i have now enjoyed keeping fish alot more.

·
Registered
592 Posts
If I recall correctly, I stumbled across this site while googling info on dwarf shrimp. I looked through the forums for a bit, and was amazed that a site dedicated to fishkeepers of BC existed. I signed up right there and then, and now come by on a daily basis.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Goggling info on fish keeping. Whatever key words I used at the time took me here. The rest is history. ;)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Was looking for information when I first started in the hobby on google and one of the members asked a question that I was looking for. :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
was planning to have an aquarium tank in my room..so did some research on how to start and so on..stumbled upon BCA...joined. because majority of the members are local and there were really good info on forum

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Was informed of the BCA by a previous member whom i meet in a LFS around 2004 when the i think the first or second site was up at the time.Was a long time looker , and finally decided to post with the site that just went down not too long ago.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Charles recommended it to me when I contacted him via cichlid forum. Didn't realize he was from Vancouver at first. So far, coming back to this hobby after being away for over 10 years has been most enjoyable, made even more enjoyable by all the kind folks on BCA.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
I found BCA thru Google.....every time I would Google a problem with a fish or my tank, one of the first few results always brought me here. Then along came the tank addiction lol. Which was about the same time I became a member. Had 2 tanks when I joined , now have 6 lol This is a great community and alot of good, knowledgeable people here. Truly glad to be a part of it :)

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
My friend Mike (fishbreath) told me about BCA & told me I should join it. Been a fish nut for over 30 years so this seems to be a good place for me to spend time with other fishnuts.:D

·
Registered
617 Posts
Can't remember what brought me to the original BCA .. I dropped out when it had problems.. Rejoined a vastly improved BCA a couple of years ago , and rejoined again after the crash .

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I was told about this site by someone I bought equipment from via CL. Finally checked in after buying some blue rams from Richard.

21 - 40 of 459 Posts