British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK. I know this has been posted before( I was reading and laughing so hard) but I wonder how any other BCA members do it or find the new way.. Lol

I share my story with you. I told my wife that every saturday I take our 2 girls for the day and she can rest all day. I get lots of snacks( chips, candies always sneak them in the car :D) in my car on Fridays for girls. Then we go to LFSs and I tell girls these fishes are good for mental health. I never bring fishes in the houses... Girls always bring them in:D..

I explain my wife they are only 99cents/fish and fish keeping is really good for young children ( this is true BTW). After little bit of cold treatment and look from wife and her seeing girls enjoying new fishes in the tank,she is ok

Equipment.. THANK GOD MY BRO LIVES VERY CLOSE TO J&L!!!!:lol: I drop my kids off at his place often. After dropping them off, I visit there and get some stuff..put them back of my CRV. Say" They must have came from the tank we bought! can't believe I found a brand new eheim heater and big bottle of prime" lol.

So there it is... What is YOUR story/skill(?)? :)

Btw if you see a 6ft Asian dude lifting 2 girls to the fish tanks and explaining about fishes or drooling over tank while girls are pulling shirts at LFSs, please say "hi" to me.. Lol

·
Registered
960 Posts
AHH! I wanna know how to convince my mom to let me get a few more tanks.. especially saltwater xD I think once I start breeding and selling more fish she might start to be a bit more okay with it.. Good story though jhj!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah steve! that is my next project! lol I ONLY have 3 tanks (90g, 15g, 3g) lol

·
Super Moderator
6,609 Posts
I convince my daughter Felicia that she needs another tank. So far, she has a RSM 35g reef with puffer fish, a 6g fw shrimp tank, a 8g fw tropical planted community Fluval Flora and a 2g Spec mini-reef. So I have my 165g, 60g 2' cube "Nemo" tank and the rest are Felicia's :bigsmile: ;)

I also get fish my wife loves, like Porcupine Puffers.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ding!! light bulb!! I think I may find the way to get a s/w tank.. NEMO!! lol

I convince my daughter Felicia that she needs another tank. So far, she has a RSM 35g reef with puffer fish, a 6g fw shrimp tank, a 8g fw tropical planted community Fluval Flora and a 2g Spec mini-reef. So I have my 165g, 60g 2' cube "Nemo" tank and the rest are Felicia's :bigsmile: ;)

I also get fish my wife loves, like Porcupine Puffers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
lying will put you in the dog house, and we want to be in the fish house. be sneaky and sly maybe she wont notice

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ahh... The life of being single and not living with family. The worst I get is my roommate going, "Hey!! Is that ANOTHER fish tank?! What is wrong with you, ya freak!" And then it's over and I'm free to continue my hobby/obsession!

·
Super Moderator
6,609 Posts
I'm not lying. Those tanks are Felicia's. She even has been helping her Daddy with sw water changes since she was two. If you ask her, she will tell you those are her tanks and she feeds them and helps choose what goes in them. Irene also knows I won't buy anything unless it is a good deal so she doesn't bug me about how much I spend. She's more concerned about how much extra equipment and tanks I have stored around the house.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
well my mom likes the hobie and my dad has memories of jds so parents are good about it I had 8 tanks in the living dining room at one time lol

I got my girl friend to buy a pictus cat when one of thie employees told her that they liked to liv in schools and it was the only one left

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I always say and she agrees I could be doing alot worse things

Reactions: jbyoung00008

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
AHH! I wanna know how to convince my mom to let me get a few more tanks.. especially saltwater xD I think once I start breeding and selling more fish she might start to be a bit more okay with it.. Good story though jhj!
Remind her that she should be happy you are spending time at home taking care of the tanks, and not out getting into trouble.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
My wife knows it's my hobby, and doesn't bother me about it as long as the money isn't taking away from what the house needs. That, and i let her go shopping whenever she wants to.

·
Super Moderator
6,609 Posts
In the past, I would give Irene a C note for her Boxing Day shopping when I go out to J&L and King Ed's for my Boxing Day shopping. That way she looks FORWARD to my going fish/coral shopping instead of giving me a hard time about how much I spend.;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts