British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. This should be something I can answer myself but I've not used tc plants since I set up my sand substrate. I have two plants I'm having trouble deciding how to plant. I don't have the latin names with me but one is mermaid weed and one is golden jenny both stem plants.

My issue is they are so fine i can not see them staying in the sand. All I can see working is i grab a clump with my tweezer and bury them almost completely. This is essentially what the supplier says to do. And i do believe it will work fine. But there are some people on this forum that seriously know what they are doing (you know who you are lol) and i'd appreciate some feedback from someone.

Please remember I have sand to contend with as i doubt the serious plant people use sand cuz it sucks for expert plants but i have a brackish puffer so it is what it is. (not that these plants are expert but i tell ya ludwigia white is a pain to keep alive lol)

thanks.

gg

· Registered
764 Posts
burying is about the best you can do. Even with gravel or substrate, any digger and or hyper active fish will knock loose newly planted stuff with fine root. You can try putting a few larger rock in the vicinity to discourage digging and reduce sand being shift around.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'm happy burying. I have fairly high light and the co2 is working beautifully. (harder than it sounds for a 120 brackish) The supplier essentially says to go nuts burying it because they are very strong and don't need acclimation.

I'm not sure why i'm struggling with something so basic lol.

Thanks so much!

gg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts