British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone

It has been 3 years of staring at my dusty rat infested EMPTY 40 gallon studio plumbed tank chilling out in my shed crying at me to put it back into service and well i am happy to say it has finally happened.

On top of that, trolling forms this morning i came across this community of fine British Columbians who are as crazy as i am for wanting hazardous amounts of free flowing water in their houses all in the name of beauty, or insanity, which ever side of the hobby you sit on.

After some fluval gasket snafoos and much head scratching i am happy to announce that im running a 40 gallon freshwater planted community tank with 10 gallon plumbed sump and Co2 pressurized system! Happy healthy plants+Happy healthy fish=Happy Healthy owner.

Look forward to getting to know you all, or at least some of you. Borrowing what i can from all of your minds and filling in the gaps where i can.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes welcome back into the game.

This is a great forum ... post a picture of your set-up. Many years ago I was the Chief Park Naturalist out of Rathtrevor PP for Arrowsmith Parks District so I know your part of the isalnd quite well.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So here are some terribly shot photos of the new setup. Poor thing looks anemic right now, but i do not want to over load it until i get everything nice and established. To be fair, i have seen cleaner looking sumps but that one cost me 17 dollars to get off the ground because i had most of the material kicking around the house.

As for living way out here in la la land i like it. I bought a chunk of land super cheap, i only had to sell one kidney to afford the down payment so it has not ruined my finances too bad. Its a wee bit of drive to get anyplace though because i am still 10km outside Qualicum and a cell phone repeater is required to get any kind of service, but hey, it is beautiful!

20170121_081138.jpg
111.jpg

·
Registered
900 Posts
Thanks - nothing wrong with those photos ...

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
Welcome to BCA, Mark (I know..... a little slow on the draw)!

We are an amalgamation of many different hobbyists here. There are dwarf shrimp, planted tanks, cichlid, goldfish/koi, pleco, catfish, betta, oddball, community, marine (FOWLR), and reef enthusiasts to name a few.

Enjoy your time here :)!

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Fun "chatting" with you on various threads. Welcome to the community.

Glad your little 3 years old is totally enjoying her own igloo. They are soooooo cute at that age, eh.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know what. They sure are!
I as well am rather glad to have had the interactions with you and the other members here that I have. It's slowly becoming my other family :) and at least you lot won't hurt my fish!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts