British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 15+ years, the city has decided to put a crosswalk and traffic lights at Rochester and North Road!!! I am sure all our loyal clients curse turning right out of IPU but soon no more!!! Lights are in, should be live very soon!!!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Haha, that's awesome Grant. I've always crossed my fingers exiting out of that plaza. Two quick looks and floor it! LOL. just kidding.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No you're not! I hear you, about 10+ years ago I knew some great people that got hit walking across North Road with serious injuries. It is too bad it took this long to get the city to act.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
it wasn't awesome when my wife and i were forced to off road with the stroller just to get to your shop, they even put their construction signs right in the middle of the sidewalk all the way up to lougheed highway.... >.<

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I was not very impressed with how they handled the traffic. Honestly, if they work through Sunday anyways, would it kill them to work at night instead???

·
Registered
695 Posts
That's good that the city has done that. I am always wonderous about how the city can spend money on not so useful projects while there are areas that could benefit a lot more ie: no left turn, no parking on side of road, traffic light, turn signal, turning lane, etc..
Do they actually have people out there studying traffic flows at intersections and other areas, and working out ways to improve?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
i'm sure the studying is done by ICBC....when there are enough collisions to justify setting up a intersection light, stop signs, 30km/h signs, speed bumps.

happy you'll be getting the lights grant! it's always so dangerous making that left turn on north road towards lougheed. good for the customers and pedestrians.

good job burnaby/coquitlam

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Well with the interest rates at all time lows, roadwork has gone through the roof in coquitlam, they are intelligently catching up at the right time. They repaved a ton of streets around me, made all the corners wheel chair accessible etc.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
I cant believe how excited I am about a traffic light.....
lol I can believe it, would be a nightmare dealing with that everyday. Bout time they put a light in there :)

Haha, that's awesome Grant. I've always crossed my fingers exiting out of that plaza. Two quick looks and floor it! LOL. just kidding.
lol I think everyone does that

·
Registered
614 Posts
I got into the habit of cutting through the strip mall across from the store and exiting onto Lougheed Highway, as we mostly escape eastbound on Loughheed.

Steve

·
Registered
241 Posts
Do they actually have people out there studying traffic flows at intersections and other areas, and working out ways to improve?
...Actually yes. Once in a while you'll see people on a lawn chair or in their car sitting there for 8 hours looking at an intersection. They all have clickers and are counting the cars that go through the intersection, turn left etc... luckily I've never had to do that myself...

It's great that there's a traffic light there now. I always hate that intersection. The only way to really turn is to just drive into the traffic and hope that people slow down and let you in.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They painted a giant "X" on the pavement last year to encourage oncoming traffic to stop and let cars in, didn't work too well as you can imagine.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
112 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts