British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i was a member here before the site blow up, name was outcast.

More in depth!

Im a father of two boys, 2 1/2 yo and a 2 month old, Living in Coquitlam. I am an electrician, been in the trade for 5 years now, working in quite a few environments. I've worked a lot in the downtown doing tenant improvement, Several store fronts, hotels, Chevron Refinery and a couple stints of work at Canexus Chemicals (crazy place with pretty much the most volatile substances you make). Had my last bout of school and my second son was born 2 days after writing my certification exam. So i've stayed home to help the wife with the newborn.

Been in the hobby for almost 4 years. It all started when my wife (then GF) moved to town and told me she missed her betta in a vase from ontario, so i bought her a lily with a betta in the vase. When we moved in together i said screw it that size is cruel, there was a sale for 10 gallons at petcetera and so i picked it up for dirt cheap. I succeeded at Making pea soup out of the water column, aswell as stringy algae everywhere and diatom slick on every surface. Thats when i found the planted tank. One more Pea soup batch, and then the third try i did well, but it sprung a leak. Giving birth to a 29 gallon tank set up and soon after was directed to this site by someone i cant remember.

Personality wise, i have to read in depth into everything that sparks my interest, so i spend hours several times a week on these forums, others and reading articles, trials and journals for the hobby.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Welcome back :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Wb, I read your background with interest, and as mentioned before bettas need to come with a warning about how addictive they are....lol

Steve

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
=) Hey Neven! Spoke to you in quite a few threads!
I spend alot of time reading "barr report" if you dunno bout that =) they got quite a few good diy's and articles there! Thought I let ya know, but you definitely seem like u do already!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yea, The information he comes out with is invaluable to the hobby, hell he even worked on the flourish excell formula. i had a thread where we argued about par meters on the planted tank :p lol

i found a way to assemble one much cheaper, using the proper probe + a voltmeter, and math, he didn't like that, lol. Similar to his stance on metricide i guess.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Really? I actually kinda like reading all the articles and DIY's and trial and error on that forum!
=) but hey.. i can't say nuttin bout it since I'm a noob~

But thank you to freedom of speech =)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Welcome back. :)

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
welcome....

·
Super Moderator
5,304 Posts
Welcome to BCA, Neven/Outcast.

We are an amalgamation of many different hobbyists here. There are dwarf shrimp, planted tanks, cichlid, goldfish/koi, pleco, catfish, betta, oddball, community, marine (FOWLR), and reef enthusiasts to name a few.

Enjoy your time here :)!

Stuart

1 - 16 of 16 Posts