British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My husband & I will be bringing in some Bettas from Thailand with in the next 2 months, to kick off our new breeding project. We have brought in a lot of fish from this farm in the past and we are always amazed with the quality of fish we have received. most of the bettas will be Show Grade or just under (restarting with the best..:)).

any how I will be ordering in HM, SD, HMPK and a few CT's. They are coming from a ibc farm and there will only be a small amount of females. I am currently looking at ordering in apx. 50-75 fish which will leave maybe 10 or less I could sell or trade.

if any one is interested in some truly amazing Bettas let me know and I can bring in a few more.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'd be interested in some white and yellow HMs

May I know the pricing please?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I did try and look for some pictures from past emails. sadly all the links have expired :( (& we have a new PC:rolleyes:),

My husband was breeding Bettas for years in Ont. and we have not found any Bettas locally (or local imports) that compare to what he has had owned in the past. We have broght in fish from all over the world and now that I have given him the ok for one shipment (to keep everyone happy:)) they will be coming from one of his favorite farms.

I do not have an exact price for them yet only because I do not know the total number of fish we will be ordering. The current price will be approx. 20-30cdn landed for an "A" Grade & 40+ for Show. The price will be lower if I bring in more because the cost of brokerage, HC and shipping will not change very much (import tax's are the same per fish)

Please Note I am not looking for any cash now and after the bettas are picked up from the Airport. We will be keeping them for a min. of 2-4 weeks so they can be de-wormed & de-stressed.

I am just seeing if I need to order more and of what type, colors etc. I will definately keep everyone posted on current price and will have pictures when they arrive.

Please make a Post of what you may be interested in and when they are good to go to new homes I will p/m each and everyone that posted in order from first to last. only because i can not guarantee exact colors

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds good, I don't think we will have any wild bettas

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I would like one in a platinum or gold colour and a hm or sd thanks!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
White seems to be the popular choice around here doesn't it.

acorn412, there is no need to include me on the list. Unfortunately I don't have room for any more bettas.

I am still interested in seeing what you bring in though :)
Your Avatar is one of the reasons I want a white! lol

But I do remember seeing a HM Orange at IPU a few months ago. My wife really loved him, but we didn't buy at that time. I think he was around $25

Lets see. My wife wants an Orange and I want a Platinum. We decided that we will get the cheaper one :) (which might most likely be the orange HM)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Smiladon,
We have seen a lot of HM and others that IPU has brought in and they are nice fish but just wait untill you see these ones... big, bold and beautiful! you and your wife are welcome to come over and take a lookie when they arrive.

anjie

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
White seems to be the popular choice around here doesn't it.

acorn412, there is no need to include me on the list. Unfortunately I don't have room for any more bettas.

I am still interested in seeing what you bring in though :)
i will be trying to bring in whatever people want, but as i said before there are no guarantees on exact colors but i will do my very best. if you just want to see them keep your eyes posted and i will either start a new thread or post pictures on this thread when they arrive.

i can only keep about 68 long term, so if people who had ordered no longer want them (or their fish/s) the extras will be sold to someone else. i am bringing them for breeding stock not to resale them so if you are interested please let me know. i STRESS the fact that there will not likely be any extras (or very few).

anjie
:)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Is shipping an option?

·
Registered
280 Posts
As stated in my previous post, I would LOVE a yellow and/or white halfmoon. Hoping for male and female. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the pictures ^ ^

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hey Smiladon,
We have seen a lot of HM and others that IPU has brought in and they are nice fish but just wait untill you see these ones... big, bold and beautiful! you and your wife are welcome to come over and take a lookie when they arrive.

anjie
We will be very happy to come take a look at them when they arrive.

Hopefully if you get a chance to bring an Orange HM, it would be even better. My wife really likes that color.

She wanted pink, but this is the closest color to pink that I know of :D
by pink I mean bright pink that girls normally like. I've never seen a betta like that. I showed her videos of Red, but she didn't want red. She said "look at my lipstick. I want this color." :D:D

edit:
just let me know the price ahead of time (before you place the order) so that I can decide to commit or not.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will let everyone know the exact price when they arrive or just before (as stated).

No one is or will be locked in to buying (but at the same time I can’t just have everyone over to see them for fun:(). I will bring them in and if you like what you see (&posted before hand) its yours and if not I will post the extras up for grabs. I just do not want to order more then I need or can handle, trying to be sensible and help out the community at the same time...:)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As stated in my previous post, I would LOVE a yellow and/or white halfmoon. Hoping for male and female. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the pictures ^ ^
Hi Athena, you are #2 on the list and I will add both a yellow and white HM for you and see what I can do about females, but I have to order a lot of males to get a small amount of girls...:(

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thank you ^ ^ fingers crossed for the girls

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I will let everyone know the exact price when they arrive or just before (as stated).

No one is or will be locked in to buying (but at the same time I can't just have everyone over to see them for fun:(). I will bring them in and if you like what you see (&posted before hand) its yours and if not I will post the extras up for grabs. I just do not want to order more then I need or can handle, trying to be sensible and help out the community at the same time...:)
ok, that sounds good. Please try to bring in orange and/or Platinum HM. ty :D

1 - 20 of 69 Posts