British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this guy fron Dean at tanks for tots.
if you are reading this Dean thanks again.
the oscar in the first pic is just under 10" for size referance....:eek:

and a couple of his tank mates....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would say a Common Pleco, not sure if there's another name (or a better name). I don't know my plecos that well (I don't like having them in a tank), but I would say it's the common...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
common pleco aka trinidadian pleco or plecostomus hypostomus

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a very nice specimen of Pterygoplichthys pardalis, Adrian, I think. If you have the tank space for it, they are under-appreciated.
what would you consider to be the tank space for this beast Gary?

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
The people on Planetcatfish like to quote 4Lx2Lx2L where L is length, but I personally think that if the fish can turn around the width is adequate. This is in your 150 is it not? That's 24" wide? I would that tank is adequate to showcase this specimen. Even my 125 was enough I think, for my Gibby, but the problem was that it is planted with lots of wood and rocks and the fish was having trouble turning around at times and knocking everything over. Since your tank is not planted, I think it would be a great than for this monster and will really showcase its personality.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks Don....

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The people on Planetcatfish like to quote 4Lx2Lx2L where L is length, but I personally think that if the fish can turn around the width is adequate. This is in your 150 is it not? That's 24" wide? I would that tank is adequate to showcase this specimen. Even my 125 was enough I think, for my Gibby, but the problem was that it is planted with lots of wood and rocks and the fish was having trouble turning around at times and knocking everything over. Since your tank is not planted, I think it would be a great than for this monster and will really showcase its personality.
actually i have him in the 110g at the moment as i have a ray downstairs in the 150g and am a little concerned he might suck on the rays disk....

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yeah, good idea. I think Charles mentioned that might happen. Even so, a 110 should be good enough for this guy.
well he seems to be happy at this point and isn't bothering his tank mates so i'm happy with him....
god he is huge though at least 14"....:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts