British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This seems to be the best place for this as it is a problem, suggestion and sometimes a complaint lol
In an effort to keep the Classified section up to date and better organized, There is a couple issues in the classified sections that IMHO need a little light shed on them.
First off if you have not read the classified rules, please take a moment to do so: Here they are:
http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/freshwater-equipment-classifieds-27/read-before-posting-here-3084/

I know they are just as often disregarded, as they are overlooked. The rules were made for a reason, please be familiar with them and follow them as it makes things go much smoother for everyone.

the main reason I am posting this is because I see way too many old ads or ads that should be closed making their way to the top.
rule #2) states: Please Close Threads: After your item sells or your listing is done please close your own thread @ which point it will automatically move to archive section.

There in no reason what so ever, to leave an ad active if it is no longer available. This stands for all FS/FT/FF/LF/WTB ad's posted in the classifieds. You are responsible for closing your own classifieds (as per the rules) or making sure they get closed when they are done.. It's a pretty simple process, the instructions are right here:
http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/fres...fieds-27/how-close-your-classified-ads-24566/

Looking at alot of profiles of those of you who post in the classifieds often, I am finding there are several of you with multiple , un-closed classified ads. As per the rules: 7)No Multiple Ads : if you are selling multiple items please list everything in 1 thread, do not create a new thread for every item. No more than 2 active ads per section at a time. More than that and they may get merged or closed/deleted ....without any notice. Usually pretty lenient about this, but when you have 50 or so separate active ads, thats kind of pushing things, You make the time to post them, can you please make the time to close/manage them too.

I should also add you are only permitted to post the item in 1 section. If you post an item in multiple sections, the duplicates will be deleted without notice.

When and if you have a little extra time, it would be highly appreciated if you would go to your profile, click on "Find latest started threads" on the left side. This will bring up every thread you have ever posted here. If you could.... please take the time to go through your list and manage/close any of your classified ads that are no longer available. Please don't bump them just to have them closed. Here again are instructions for closing your ads:
http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/fres...fieds-27/how-close-your-classified-ads-24566/

In the event you find it too difficult or are just too lazy to do it lol. Feel free to pm me and let me know which ones need to stay open and I will gladly close the rest of them for you.

One more thing I have noticed lately is there is far too much unnecessary chat on the ads. the rules state: 5)No Chatter : Do not chat in members ads, keep on topic to the item which is buying or selling So please try to abide by that if possible . No need for great deal bumps within an hour of the ad being posted lol
And while on the subject of bumps....the rules state: 8)No bumping your ad more than once a day. that means once every 24 hours please

Also here is a useful thread: http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/fres...properly-post-care-free-ad-classifieds-23775/

Thanks so much, John
the Mod Team

-

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SO if you find a bunch of your classified ads were closed or merged, please don't complain. Chances you were warned or given some kind of notice before hand. Most likely the link to this thread was posted on one of your ads. If you choose not to comply then it gets done for you. I can assure you it's no fun finding 10 of your ads were merged and then try cleaning it all up. You make the time to post and bump them, you need to make the time to manage & close them too, please and thank you :)
And a big thank you to those who did/do take the time to manage their ads!

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets get this thread some attention for 2015! Looking thru a few members list of ads, It really needs some views . Some have far too many active separate ads and also a few making duplicates of ads they posted a few weeks prior to the new ones.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im thinking this needs a bump,.....mainly for rule #7 as there are several offenders with much more than 1 or 2 active ads in a section. If you need help or have questions feel free to ask or PM one of us mods

·
Registered
935 Posts
Also a lot of threads are not getting closed. I know it's hard with tap talk, but many times I come on and see something I am interested in, just to see "Item taken please close thread"

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Also a lot of threads are not getting closed. I know it's hard with tap talk, but many times I come on and see something I am interested in, just to see "Item taken please close thread"
Yeah, if you're unable or unwilling to close the thread, contact one of the moderators, don't just leave a post saying to close it ourselves.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like it's time for a bump.....seems there is never a shortage of members who need to view it lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts