British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a full saltwater aquarium about 2 years ago and its just a cash vacum and im honestly just bored of it. I have a few hermit crabs. A pajama cardnal, a humbug damsel and idk if the goby or fire fish are stil in there. I havent seen them in atleast a month. A brown mushroom and like the brown polyps. What should i do. Im also not on the bright side of financials. Its such a boring tank and its been running for 10 years straight. Its a 29 gallon bio cube. The light broke so i have the original lid with a hole in it for a newer led light. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I actually thought of another question. What do you think is the best piece of equiptment to make saltwater less like a chore?

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
I actually thought of another question. What do you think is the best piece of equiptment to make saltwater less like a chore?

I'm not sure there is a best piece of equipment out there to lessen the chore, salt water tanks are a money pit and require ongoing maintenance to keep them pristine and interesting, sounds to me that maybe it's time for you to go to freshwater . :)

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
SW tanks are increasingly expensive to keep going with the price of fish, corals, etc. all going up so much.

I also think that at this point in time, you're better off selling/trading/giving it to someone who will be willing to put in the time and effort to get it back to snuff.

For biocubes & other small all-in-ones, regular water changes are probably the best thing you can do to upkeep it, rather than a piece of new equipment.

Anthony

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone have an idea of a resonable price for this tank? It still has the original pump, hood(with a hole for a new light) and its bwen runing constantly for about 10 years. Also would it be worth it to sell in parts or all together. Im mostly freshwater so im lost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts