British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has a 10 gallon on tank in her room and just has a sponge filter but the bubbling and air pump keeps her awake at night. Plus it isn't the best filter as its a small one.

Does anyone have recommendations for a quiet and somewhat inexpensive filter?
The tank has to be pretty close to her bed with where the plug in is and she is only 7.

Thank you!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have the Marina S10 and its really really quiet...still figuring out if it is good at filtering though because I put in my own media instead of the branded filter pads.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
For quiet, I like filters that go in the tank, or canisters. HOBs are often noisy, one way or the other.
Edited to add: oh, I just noticed that you have got an Aquaclear. They are very good. Reliable, effective. If it sounds a bit noisy at first, it will become quieter in three or four days. Not sure why, it is just my experience. Good luck with the tank.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Fluval U series look promising. Never used one though. Just stay away from fluval c-series hang on filters. They're garbage and not quiet at all. Can't ever go wrong with aquaclear though!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i just bought this one for my 10 gallon http://www.amazon.com/KollerCraft-R...7368008&sr=8-2&keywords=small+canister+filter

It's small and it hangs on the back side, No a noise from it. Maybe a very very small humming noise, it's a canister filter, comes with media. $20bucks. can't go wrong. works really really well!

Flow rate is good, I don't use the spray bar as it has to much force. Overall it's super good, I only have to clean it out once a month.

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,377 Posts
as previously noted a internal filter would be best if your looking for dead quite or a canister. I love aqua clear but im thinking its still to noisy for a bedroom

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have an Aquaclear 30 and it's totally silent. For the bubbles, you could use a small movement pump with a venturi intake instead of the air pump.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts