British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My in-law's aquarium has lots of red cherry shrimp as they are maintained in a medium hard water with a pH of 7.5. We are looking to sell the intense red cherries at $2 each (retail price from $8 to $15 ea.).

We are still selling off regular cherries with varied colouration at $1 each.

If you are interested, we are located in East Vancouver near Renfrew & Parker St. Please text me at 604-781-2709. I'm available this weekend, Friday evening, or Saturday in the afternoon. Please arrange with me directly to coordinate the best time to meet. I have pet store plastic bags to transport the shrimp.

Picture attached is of the regular red cherries and we have since bred more intense reds.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm also interested in the intense reds. Could you pm or post some pictures of them as well? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. Here are some pics I found off the internet, that is almost exactly what we have, I assure you. I'm currently at the office and I don't usually go to my in-laws' place until the weekend and usually only for a few hours.

As soon as I'm there, I will take pictures, but I thought this would be a quicker way to showing you what we actually have.

The 2 pictures at the bottom show the variation of intensity of solid red colouration that we have in dozens of our cherries.

Please text me if you are interested. 604-781-2709.

Cheers,

Drew

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Regardless on what they are that is still a good price.Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. They are just under 1" and are young adults. Some of them, esp. the females are 1" in length and just matured. We have younger ones as well, I usually pick out whichever types you like.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Bump! Great price and great stock I bought 20 and got a couple babies extra :) I am really satisfied with the grade of them and none have died after 3 days so its quality stock.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the support and for buying the shrimps. I'm not here often enough to respond to all who are interested, so please text me. Again my number is 604-781-2709

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I forgot to mention: Female shrimps not only have a saddle and different shape about them, they are also larger and more intense in colouration. The males naturally do not have as strong a colouration. Even if you buy a SSS grade bloody mary male cherry, it will not be as red as a female. Nonetheless, a bloody mary male is noticably darker and red than the other varieties of cherries. I personally prefer painted fire reds, and I'm currently breeding them. The males are pale red, but the females are a bright solid red and not as dark as bloody marys. The bright colouration looks amazing in with variety of lighting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts