British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So wifey finally gave me permission to convert her fancy goldfish tank into a clownfish/anemone species display tank. Here's a couple of quick pics to let you see what the new tank looks like.

There are a Magnifica anemone (from my fowlr), a Green Bubbletip (from my reef), a Rose Bubbletip (from BC Mosaic), and 2 Sebae anemones (from King Ed's), as well as 6 Ocellaris clownfish (from King Ed's).

Hope you like.

Anthony

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Omg Anthony looks awesome, congratz u did such a nice job :) Love it

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a Solana brushed aluminum orb (150w with 14000k Aquaconnect bulb).

My wife loves this light & insisted that I use it over "her" tank. Was going to look at getting an LED pendant but this light is one of the deciding factors for her allowing me to change the tank over from "boring" goldfish to the sw clowns/anemones.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Looks really elegant :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
ZOMG you convinced her to move the gold fish!?

Gorgeous pendant too.

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My mom asked me to set up a semi-cube koi tank outside in her backyard so the goldfish are now living in there with some koi we picked up in Mission last week.

I really like that light myself and the light, cube shaped tank & rose bubble tip just work soooooo well together.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nicely done! I am really liking this tank.

What are you using for filtration?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Anothony that is an awesome set up.
whats the cost associated in doing some thing like this?

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nicely done! I am really liking this tank.

What are you using for filtration?
I have a very big HOB DIY skimmer that is a supersized copy of the Deltec design (big enough to hold probably 10 gallons of water inside the skimmer body). The pump I have is too noisy for day use so it skims at night when we're asleep. With only 6 clowns, the bioload on this tank is really low, so skimming at night should be fine. I will eventually come up with a different skimming solution (maybe a quieter pump).

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Deltec MCE600 skimmer, live rock and pure unadulterated will power.
Haha. Close. I worked on it after Irene & the baby went to sleep one night till 5am to get it finished. Washing sand outside on my lawn at 3:30-4 in the morning is a little nuts, but what the hey.

It's a DIY version of the Deltec MCE600 except over twice the size. (skimmer body is 22" tall x 18" wide x 5" deep).

Adz,

I can set you up with a similar (but smaller cube) system for about $350 for a 34g Solana cube tank, Solana black wood stand, Euroreef skimmer and 20" 150w metal halide pendant and some sand. Live Rock is usually about $4/lb from local reefers or twice that from LFS.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
What a great looking tank with an unusual shape! The lamp hanging over it looks great, too.

These are the kinds of photos that give me MTS!

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What a great looking tank with an unusual shape! The lamp hanging over it looks great, too.

These are the kinds of photos that give me MTS!
As most of you know, I'm already fatally infected with MTS and BTS. Gonna set up another 6' 220g sw tank this week and transfer my friend's fish & corals into it. Huge job, since it will later involve helping him tear down and sell/store a 7' 260g reef-ready tank as well.

My wife is also having me switch the fw 65g planted onto a fancier stand.

Then I have to tear down and transport to the buyer's home my 120g fowlr system you see in behind the new anemone cube tank. Busy couple of weeks for this fanatic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts