British Columbia Aquariums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Sigh.. i wish it came back!
Some people I've dealt with just dun leave feed backs... no clue why... i already bought and sold... to more than 7 ppl for my itrader since the crash... but all i have is 7... even giving out free plants dun earn you one =(

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
Nope no way to get it back sorry guys, have you had problems with people not wanting to deal with you because you have 0 rating?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
That's extremely poor form that they wouldn't leave feedback. You should give them a reminder that this system although isn't required to be used, is available specifically for our own benefit.

Perhaps they don't know how, or just simply forgot. Just give them a quick message, it's not too late to add feedback later on after the fact. I see no issues with our integrity.

Sigh.. i wish it came back!
Some people I've dealt with just dun leave feed backs... no clue why... i already bought and sold... to more than 7 ppl for my itrader since the crash... but all i have is 7... even giving out free plants dun earn you one =(

·
Registered
773 Posts
I will just give you a new one Ashley lol. If that is possible.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
As long as it is permitted, if anyone who has dealt with me in the past (as TC) wants positive feedback, just PM me.

On a side note, is there a way to change back to my old name of TC?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I wasn't referring to after the crash, I just meant if no one left you feedback. That would be an entire discussion entirely.

Nicklfire will have to field that one TomC, he's the man.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I'm not sure... sigh.. i even had a 15 minute sit and chat with one member, well, maybe even more than 15 minute! Gave him free plants, let him check out my stuff, had a good talk too.. and even discussed about how we lost all itrader and how people aren't giving itrader feedback...! It's either free plants give you no credit, even though you're giving up your time for others... or people just hate me or something LOL!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I personally don't even look at the itrader listings and certainly don't look for feedback one way or another for myself or anyone else.
If I help someone, say thanks at the time .. Don't bother making a big deal of it in itrader. In my opinion Itrader can be used to boost an ego, but can also be used to spite someone unjustly , although I have not seen it happen yet......But I'd have to check Itrader to know .. LOL..
The nice guys/gals, as well as the a**holes will quickly be known on the forum with or without itrader .

·
Registered
318 Posts
well for some who trade, sell and buy...itrader is like a trust rating...sometimes it kinda gives the buyer or seller a "heads up" on if the other member is trustworthy from previous itrader comments. for example..even ebay has the "power seller" or "number of customers" rating too... to be honest..i look at that number or rating when i buy things off the net.

But here is my thoughts on doing transactions between BCA member...if i see that the member has been reading and posting on BCA often or seem like i have seen the member around the forum..i'd consider buying/selling/trading with them. but on the other hand, like for new members, we still need to give them a opportunity too to build the itraders point and so on.

lol....btw...if i received or gave away free items, i'd give them a itrader point/comment. especially of the other member took time out of their day to talk to me yada

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I absolutely would give itrader feedback for free items. I'd find it rude if they didn't.

Just because the option isn't there doesn't mean you can't list it as a trade, or a sale anyways.

·
Registered
617 Posts
If you're new, you won't have any itrader points yourself; and generally the bad ones don't stay on the forums very long. It's really a case of "to each their own".. I personally don't worry about itrader and don't seek or expect anyone to make a big deal of any help I give. A simple thanks is enough. I can see feedback , itrader and such being very useful when dealing with others selling regularly on ebay and such , but really has little bearing on a local forum where most deals are done on a face to face basis.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
If you're new, you won't have any itrader points yourself; and generally the bad ones don't stay on the forums very long. It's really a case of "to each their own".. I personally don't worry about itrader and don't seek or expect anyone to make a big deal of any help I give. A simple thanks is enough. I can see feedback , itrader and such being very useful when dealing with others selling regularly on ebay and such , but really has little bearing on a local forum where most deals are done on a face to face basis.
I can agree with you somewhat there.

I think ITRADER actually helps alot of the time with people just no showing. They wouldn't want to get a negative itrader so they make the extra effort and actually GO , or they give enough notice so that the seller does not have to get frustrated by a 10 min phone call beforehand If any call at all.

Regardless to each his own, i only put the system in place for some type of extra security measures. It's not mandatory and only there for people who want to use it, you dont HAVE to give any any itrader points to anyone, but when it comes down to trying to buy something from someone who does use the system and you have 0 points and the other guy who wants it as well has 10 points positive, the seller might go based on those.

Really i think it only can help any transaction.. but again it's not a big deal regardless and i can understand your points :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
was there ever any policy made on members who had done business together re listing their old Itrader deals just from personal memory? Especially when multiple transactions were involved.
I personally find the Itrader helped me to have confidence in the business etiquette of people I otherwise didnt know. I didnt have that high of rating (maybe 16) but alot of the guys I did business with worked hared for those rating points and deserve recognition or reputation for it.
IMO

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
the way i see things is itrader works well for those lurking hobbyists who say little on the forum. if someone doesnt have a few transactions, they better have a lot posts on the forum.

as for leaving feedback, its no skin off of my ass, so i submit feedback once i got the item(s) at home. did it with ebay, might aswell do it here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.