British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there a way to upload pictures from an iPhone to bcaquaria???

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Teal'c 
#1 ·
I' m new to iPhone and just wondered If I could upload pics from my iPhone to this forum for classifieds and the tank journals? Any help would be great. All I have right now is an iPhone and no computer so this is my only way to connect right now. Thanks in advance!

Teal'c aka Jason

#9 ·
Hello All iPhone users,

I figured out how to get pictures from you iPhone to the bcaquaria forum. It took some time and research. I will now post how I got it done. You will have to download some free apps to do this.

First I downloaded the photobucket app. Then opened a free account.

Second I down loaded the "simpleresizer" app. To resize the iPhone pictures, as they are to big a file to upload directly.

Third, I opened up the desired pic from my albums in the "simpleresize" app and resized the picture to the 480 size reduction setting. Then saved the pic to my albums on the iPhone.

Fourth, I uploaded the resized picture to my photobucket account. Then hit the info icon on the resized picture and got the " img " / "URL " code. Copied this code with the copy / paste function.

Fifth, I input this code to the bcaquaria forum, through the attach/upload picture function. Then I managed the pictures and put them into my thread.

This took some trial and error for me to get this to work. I hope this helps point you in the right direction. If anyone else has an easier better way let me know.

Hope this helps

Teal'c aka Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.