British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for appistogramma Borelliis does anyone have them or know where I could find them

·
Registered
277 Posts
try fish addicts in Langley they may have some

Reactions: Lutefisk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fish Addicts has a tank labelled A. borellii, but it looked full of Ivanacara adoketa to me. I'm no expert though, so take that with a grain of salt. There were agassizii (couple strains), panduro, hongsloi cf2, and a couple others too. Are many of those your fish, Russ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was back there today, and there totally are borellii. They're pretty little, but I think there were 7 or 8 of them. Also, pretty sure I mistook some Nannacara females for Ivanacara earlier.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The hongsloi and ortegai are from my breeders but not from me. I sold most of my breeding project to Rae in Port Alberni and he's been continuing to bring them to Vancouver. I am still keeping and breeding some rarer species: bitaeniata, piaroa and trifasciata currently and will send to FA or advertise here when they are ready for sale... :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was back there today, and there totally are borellii. They're pretty little, but I think there were 7 or 8 of them. Also, pretty sure I mistook some Nannacara females for Ivanacara earlier.
Are you sure cuz I called them and they said they don't have any till Friday 🤔

·
Registered
107 Posts
As I recall, it was $20/fish or $36 for two. There's a tank labelled with both A. borellii and goldeneye cichlid; some of the fish in it are definitely apistos and not N. anomala. They are all teeny and not colored up though, so while they look to me like borellii, they could be some other related species. I too heard there will be an apisto shipment with more borellii coming tomorrow, so hopefully you get a nice mix to pick from!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Reny777 for mine I will be around 15$ea. depending on how many make it and how many you want. Right now I've got about 20 of the bitaeniata at .25" probably ready in 30-60 days.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I noticed there were no borellii listed in Fish Addicts' "shipment is in" post--did you end up finding any?
I ended up getting hongsloi instead I got a female and a male they seem to be doing well my other fish are not doing too good though the tetras keep dying

1 - 12 of 12 Posts