Rena XP3
AC110

Flora
Vallisneria
Java Fern

Fauna
15+ 2-4" clown loaches
6x Denisonii barbs
3x Juvi Bristlenose plecos (2x albino, 1x silvertip)
1x Fly River Turtle
??x Amano shrimp

Before I got the pleco condos

Can you see the sleeping clown loach?

Pleco Condos!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are some great shots.
How are those amanos able to survive in that tank?
My FRT is very gentle (for now). He's never chased any fish and is only interested in algae wafers and vegetables/fruit as food.

I'm surprised that the clown loaches don't eat the shrimp though. My barbs aren't interested either so I think I'm just lucky. There's also a ton of cover for the shrimp too with all that java fern too.

As for the photos, I'm playing around with settings and trying out manual focus to get better pictures. These fish need to stop moving though!! I shoot 50+ photos and only end up with less than 10 good ones haha. Gonna get a better lens when I have some money though :)

and THANK YOU everyone for the kind words!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My filtration isn't too crazy haha. I was thinking of getting another FX5 and moving my sump to another tank.

The sand is tan coloured 3M and yes the clown loaches really to rest on their sides haha. They don't sleep like that but during the day when no one is around they'll rest on their sides. My parents always think they're dead until the loaches start moving again hahahaha.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The sump is too small for my tank, at the end of the week when I come home its gurgling because there's not enough water. I need to either get a bigger sump or another fx5. I'll probably get a sump.. LOL

There's a ton of flow because everything in there poos so much. Gotta keep it all suspended so my filters pick it all up.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
There's a ton of flow because everything in there poos so much. Gotta keep it all suspended so my filters pick it all up.
Hahaha...I gotta show a vid of when I feed yams in my 125. I got the FX5, Xp3, 2028, HK3, MJ400 with SureFlow and a JBJ submariner 13 W UV all blowing the orange poop into one corner. 40+ plecos make a lot of poop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.