British Columbia Aquariums banner

201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
That's cool. By pure coincidence I have also just started to feed freeze dried krill to my discus and angels. Amazing how the food gets attacked even when dry and floating.

Frozen Mysis shrimp seems to be a winner as far as food goes too

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
That's cool. By pure coincidence I have also just started to feed freeze dried krill to my discus and angels. Amazing how the food gets attacked even when dry and floating.
Frozen Mysis shrimp seems to be a winner as far as food goes too
You're giving me too many feeding options and spoils for the discus :). Love watching the discus go into full attack mode on food.

I keep trying frozen mysis but they don't seem to go for it. What size do you feed?
for me? it's the one's i got from J&L in cubes. side of an adult RCS.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
for me? it's the one's i got from J&L in cubes. side of an adult RCS.
Hmmm..I have to check but I think mine are that size. Have to try feeding them the mysis again.

Caught this little guy coming out to explore a new territory. Just love the bands on these guys. Everyone should have at least one of these guys in a South american community or southeast asian community tank.
That's a great looking Peckoltia.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Man I wish I can keep plecos a live in my tank. So until I figure a way to keep my angels from killing them . I'll just have to enjoy them in your videos.lol

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
updated Feb 23, 2014

Keeping with updating my tank journal. Tank has been doing good. I've been feeding the fish a wide variety of food. Lose a few tetras and cories here and there. Had a bit of water quality degradation for a week or two. So i've lessen the frequency of feedings.

Here's some pics of the discus and L273.

and while you enjoy the pics above. i'm acclimatizing....

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Very nice orange finnage on the L600. Future monster!

Sent from my gigantic Samsung Note 2

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
L273 showing the L14 who's the boss!

Sent from my gigantic Samsung Note 2

·
Banned
2,196 Posts
Hi Jobber,
What would you say is the favorite food of your wild discus?
What is the most challenging thing in regard to keeping them in your opinion?
Thanks for your video.
Richard

201 - 220 of 249 Posts