British Columbia Aquariums banner

21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
so how big are yours ? and when do they need new homes ?? :rolleyes:
I've been growing them out in a 15 gallon tank filtered by an Eheim 2217 to encourage stunted growth....cheaper to feed that way ;)

They are WAY too small for you - going to their new home, hopefully, very soon.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I've been growing them out in a 15 gallon tank filtered by an Eheim 2217 to encourage stunted growth....cheaper to feed that way ;)

They are WAY too small for you - going to their new home, hopefully, very soon.
ya im only looking for jumbos ..thats for sure :cool:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
ya im only looking for jumbos ..thats for sure :cool:
You'll like this - I had someone email me to tell me I was cruel for keeping loaches in a 15 gallon tank just to keep them stunted so I could cheap out on food costs!!!! Sorry folks, I was just trying to be funny.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
You'll like this - I had someone email me to tell me I was cruel for keeping loaches in a 15 gallon tank just to keep them stunted so I could cheap out on food costs!!!! Sorry folks, I was just trying to be funny.
lol, for real? loaches grow really slow so no need to stunt them, other more serious then you think :).

·
Registered
70 Posts

I really like this ones markings! Something to look for, I don't have one that looks like this yet... :D

They look fab Justin. I can't wait to get mine into a bigger tank and start fattening them up!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
ya its kinda funny how serious ppl take things sometimes ..:rolleyes:

like with other pets , calling them fat ! ? could be a negative ...but with fish we take it as a compilment ?:eek:

:cool:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
poor clown loaches, no substrate? its like they are living in a glass cell
Lol! All fish that are living in an aquariums regardless of the size or how many in a tank even with substrates or with other decors they are in a glass cell. We humans imprison fish for our own pleasure.

Juice's CL are in top condition.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
poor clown loaches, no substrate? its like they are living in a glass cell
Okay - I'm just curious....was this a joke? "Glass cell"? Hardly!

I never give much thought to my discus being in a barebottom tank because they aren't bottom dwellers, but since I moved my loaches to a b/b tank, they seem to be MUCH happier. Loaches aren't exactly normal fish. Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different opinions, but clown loaches are "scaleless" fish. It's not entirely true since only their heads truly have no scales....the rest of their body is covered in extremely small scales. That's one of the reasons why you have to be so careful when you medicate loaches. Anyhow, a lot of substrate that people use actually irriate and scratch them. These guys also like clean water. VERY clean water, so a barebottom tank - IN MY OPINION - is the best way to keep them. Provide them with plants, driftwood, caves, whatever. But referring to a barebottom tank as a "glass cell" is the LAST thing I'd call it.

21 - 40 of 111 Posts