British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is ben_mbu & my mbu puffer named Kaleeko :)

October 2009

Kaleeko and his reflection

X-mas time

January-Feburary when we changed his sand

Kaleeko with his new sand

Full tank shot (kind of blurry).. has been re-arranged since this photo

New Video of Kaleeko (before we sold the Pbass)

Kaleeko eating a marbled crayfish

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kaleeko vs Male Electric Blue Crayfish

And it begins....

Getting a little frustrated...

Getting angry...

Finale

Kaleeko aka Mr. Photogenic

Rubbing his lips on the glass...

Are you going to feed me now or what??

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
I think I understand the problem better now. Outside of your nitrate/bioload issue, it's one of mechanical filtration. I see you have AC110 and an XP3(?) on the tank? I had a similar problem in my 125 when my cichlids starting growing (when it was a cichlid tank still. I had an XP3 and an Eheim 2028 and it was full of floaties and I didn't like it. I added an AC500 (the old 110) and it cleared up the problem some. But it wasn't until my plants grew out and I added an FX5 instead of the XP3 that the problem went away.

Try adding some floss to the AC for a little bit (watch out as it will clog up fast) and if you get a chance, get an FX5 for the tank and add Purigen. I think you'll be happy with the results. And the good part about the FX5 is that you can move it with Kaleeko when you get the bigger tank set up.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool thanks for the advice Gary. We'll definitely try that.
We added a powerhead.. don't know if it will help at all though.
It is clearing up slowly, it looks a lot better then yesterday!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I think I understand the problem better now. Outside of your nitrate/bioload issue, it's one of mechanical filtration. I see you have AC110 and an XP3(?) on the tank? I had a similar problem in my 125 when my cichlids starting growing (when it was a cichlid tank still. I had an XP3 and an Eheim 2028 and it was full of floaties and I didn't like it. I added an AC500 (the old 110) and it cleared up the problem some. But it wasn't until my plants grew out and I added an FX5 instead of the XP3 that the problem went away.

Try adding some floss to the AC for a little bit (watch out as it will clog up fast) and if you get a chance, get an FX5 for the tank and add Purigen. I think you'll be happy with the results. And the good part about the FX5 is that you can move it with Kaleeko when you get the bigger tank set up.
floaties on the top is that an xp rena thing becuase i just bought a xp4 and the top is oily and stuff now.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks again Ghost Dogg :) He is a happy fella that's for sure!
Darn spoiled to say the least.. looking forward to getting his 300g up and running!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts