1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Kevin you were someone I could count on to have long talks about plants and laugh about how crazy cats are. I was always impressed by your knowledge and gentleness. I am really going to miss you buddy.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I just found out on Facebook and post about it on VAHS page, so so sad, i am in shock i just cant believe it :(

Reactions: devonb

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
OMG!! I'm so sorry to hear !. He was my apisto mentor!! RIP

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
I posted on behalf of myself and the BCA community in the Guestbook log:

Kevin,

the entire BCAquaria community is greatly saddened and mourns your passing. You have always been a great wealth of knowledge and good humour, which you graciously shared with our members. I speak for all of us when I say we will miss you and your presence, both online and in-person. Our prayers are with you and your family. God bless & RIP Kevin (aka Algae Beater).

Anthony & the BCA community.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I worked with Kevin at The Pet Superstore for quite a few months. We stayed good friends for awhile after our experiences there as well. He was a God of the hobby. He was an amazing friend and I am going to miss him an un-describable amount. Just such an interesting and fun guy. So many stories. He won't be forgotten.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Born in '82. Way to young!!! The several times that I dealt with him at Pet Superstore, and earlier at Island Pets, and a place in the Guilford area too I believe. He seemed like a great guy. Shocking. We had some great conversations about breeding fish and reptiles. I'll miss bumping into him at our local fish stores.........

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
I also remember very positive experiences dealing with him at Island Pets, back in the day. As well, we would bump into each other at the LFSs and he was always such a positive, helpful, friendly person to talk with. I now regret not making a greater effort to get to know him better while I had the chance. RIP Kevin.

Anthony

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Born in '82. Way to young!!! The several times that I dealt with him at Pet Superstore, and earlier at Island Pets, and a place in the Guilford area too I believe. He seemed like a great guy. Shocking. We had some great conversations about breeding fish and reptiles. I'll miss bumping into him at our local fish stores.........
You're right on Chris..."Way too young". ...the"place in the Guildford area " you allude to was Ian's shop, in the T&T strip mall on 152nd. Unfortunately another LFS that is no longer with us.....
RIP KEVIN

·
Registered
447 Posts
Very sad to here.I did not have the opportunity to meet him but from what you guys have stated he will be truly missed.Condolences to all his friends and family.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts