British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

was wondering if anyone knew any high quality koi dealers in the GVA...thnx any advice would b appreciated:)

Sid

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hawaiian Botanicals & Water Gardens
6011 No. 7 Road, Richmond

There are actually a lot of sizes and variety to choose from. Israeli breeding stock I think.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
one of our sponsors here carries:

Crystal Pond Design Ltd., is a Vancouver based company since 1995. We specialize in Exotic Koi and Goldfish Import from Japan, Fish Health Consultation, Custom Pond and Filter Design, Concrete/ EPDM Rubber liner Ponds, Waterfalls/Fountains/Streams Construction, Scheduled Maintenance Service, Hikari Fish Food, Pond Equipment & Supplies. Wholesale/Retail. By Appt only. Phone: (604) 808-6969 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (604) 808-6969 end_of_the_skype_highlighting Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
520 Posts
I was told there is a good dealer who imports Nishikigoi in Kelowna, but I haven't gotten a chance to visit.
GVA, not too sure....

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
jackson as nickelfire mentioned is worht going to see. his fish are amazing..hes at oak and 53rd. gotta call ahead or contact. some of his are as big as dogs..and quite the site. he has from tiny to huge. hes been pretty busy during pond season so hasnt gotten to posting again on here since the crash..but he will. i took some pics and movies of his fish. i got some from him..hoping to grwo em out.

·
Registered
520 Posts
jackson as nickelfire mentioned is worht going to see. his fish are amazing..hes at oak and 53rd. gotta call ahead or contact. some of his are as big as dogs..and quite the site. he has from tiny to huge. hes been pretty busy during pond season so hasnt gotten to posting again on here since the crash..but he will. i took some pics and movies of his fish. i got some from him..hoping to grwo em out.
good to know April.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
If you talk to him, tell him to login to BCA i'm sure people are missing him being idle :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Depending on how much you also want to spend, you might want to try Art Knapps in Surrey as they have some Koi at reasonable prices.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
he said he would..but i think too busy. hes always on the go driving from pond to pond. he is having a koi tour..on august 8th.

·
Registered
520 Posts
he said he would..but i think too busy. hes always on the go driving from pond to pond. he is having a koi tour..on august 8th.
I will go Niigata to visit some fish farms in fall. I just don't know how to bring them back. really need help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hey everyone

Thanks for all your replies, I just hit up Jackson earlier this evening, Picked up a Ginrin Showa, Niidan Kohaku, and Asagi...very nice examples.

·
Registered
520 Posts
what's the size of fish you pick up? please just put the links here. thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I recall there being another Japanese koi dealer around the Garden City Area in Richmond, if anyone has any idea???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts