British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I haven't been posting much on the new BCA but today I just had to.

I went out last night and picked up my new 300G acrylic tank from Japhi (Matt). It will probably take me a couple of weeks to get it up and running the way I want but patience is a virtue, just ask Tony1928. It is 8'Lx30"Wx24"T. It is fully sumped with multiple return valves for major current. It will also have a 40W UV sterilizer on it. This will be a great home for all of my Bass.

This means that Judy gets my 250G for Discus and Rays. We will be running it with 2 Eheim 2260's and 3 powerheads. Judy is looking for 2-3 bags of Black Colourquartz sand for her tank.

This means that I will have a 72G Bowfront for sale as well as 2 FX5's.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
That is a great size for a tank. I want one similar to that in dimensions. Looking forward to seeing these projects come together.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
My jaw dropped just reading about your project. Major congratulations are in order. I hope that you post a journal!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
what about the tenecor tank you have coming soon ?? whats gonna go in that ? and where are you guys gonna put it ?? :)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
=) Congratz on the new tank! Wow.. and I thought you already had the biggest tank at home!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
=) Congratz on the new tank! Wow.. and I thought you already had the biggest tank at home!
Bigger is better..that's what the wife said anyway!!!

what about the tenecor tank you have coming soon ?? whats gonna go in that ? and where are you guys gonna put it ?? :)
Due to some issues with my family I was unable to get the Tenecor tank at the time. Then this deal came along and I couldn't resist.

Please update as you go, With Pictures too! :)
My jaw dropped just reading about your project. Major congratulations are in order. I hope that you post a journal!
I think I will start a journal!!

my those are some big tanks you got there LOL
Thanks Johnny

That is a great size for a tank. I want one similar to that in dimensions. Looking forward to seeing these projects come together.
Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think people are more interested in her 250G Discus tank than my tank.:(

She can't decide if she wants Black 3m Sand for the Rays or if she wants to go Black Eco complete for plants?? Thoughts.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It'll cost you a lot of $$ for EC. I vote for black sand with lots of wood and just epiphytes like java fern and Anubias. I know a donor who can help with those. :D
That is the way I am nudging her. We also have a huge piece of wood in there and she can put small pots and have them hidden behind it.

·
Registered
238 Posts

I went out last night and picked up my new 300G acrylic tank from Japhi (Matt). It will probably take me a couple of weeks to get it up and running the way I want but patience is a virtue, just ask Tony1928. It is 8'Lx30"Wx24"T. It is fully sumped with multiple return valves for major current. It will also have a 40W UV sterilizer on it. This will be a great home for all of my Bass.

This means that Judy gets my 250G for Discus and Rays. We will be running it with 2 Eheim 2260's and 3 powerheads. Judy is looking for 2-3 bags of Black Colourquartz sand for her tank.

Sounds like a couple of very nice tanks!

when you put the FX5's up for sale please let me know.

·
Registered
317 Posts

What!!!! I thought it would be running be now. Waiting all day for pics. JK......:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts