British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, i am looking for weeping moss. if any one has any or knows where i might find some please let me know. i have lots of stuff to trade or will pay cash.
thanks
anjie :)

}>(((*> PLEASE CLOSE <*)))><:)

·
Super Moderator
5,429 Posts
I have some Singapore Moss for sale. Portion is $10. It looks identical to Stephen's (MananaP) photo.

It's the moss in the tree structure. Stephen, I hope you don't mind me using your photo for reference ;)!

PM me if interested.

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no problem, can't wait to see our new singapore moss.

Does anyone have any weeping moss??

:)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
found some on the net...

I have some coming in,

Thank you everyone... :)

********** _}>(((*> PLEASE CLOSE <*)))><'' **********************++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

·
Registered
572 Posts
I don't know but are those weeping moss different from singapore moss? I mean i heard people call singapore moss weeping moss because they do grow downwards like it is tears.

Stu, No harm done. :p

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:) similar growth under deferent conditions,

weeping - Vesicularia ferriei
Singapore Moss - Vesicularia dubyana

·
Registered
572 Posts
Isn't Vesicularia dubyana java moss? I googled weeping moss "Vesicularia ferriei" and this is what i got for image http://www.aquamoss.net/Weeping-Moss/images/Weeping-Moss-01.jpg and the one that i used for that tree looks exactly like the weeping moss maybe it is not singapore moss but weeping moss then.

Ok i just googled singapore moss and i do have it also and it looks like this http://www.aquamoss.net/Singapore-Moss/images/Singapore-Moss-02.jpg so i guess the moss i have as a tree is weeping moss and not singapore moss LOL.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it can be really hard to tell the difference between moss, it can look very different from one tank to the next.

I just looked up Vesicularia dubyana and it does come up java (lol). I don't know, I will have do some more reading but what ever it is you have to love the moss (all most as much as the shrimp..:).lol)

anjie

·
Registered
572 Posts
it can be really hard to tell the difference between moss, it can look very different from one tank to the next.

I just looked up Vesicularia dubyana and it does come up java (lol). I don't know, I will have do some more reading but what ever it is you have to love the moss (all most as much as the shrimp..:).lol)

anjie
Yes i know a person that has over 30 or 50 different moss on her shrimp racks LOL from a shrimp forum CRAZY!:)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that is awsome, and exactly what i want. i will try to set up a new thread in the chat room for mosses
talk to you soon
anjie

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<please close>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.