British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm here now and am completely disgusted that there are still fish here in disgusting tanks. I can't see how many tanks have fish because they blocked the area. I'm leaving in tears. Sad sad sad

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well as I was leaving I spotted an icky tank with an endler in it. I couldn't leave without it so I just paid $30 for an endler. To top it off I didn't end up with the endler because they drained some water for me and now the endler ended up in the parking lot :(

·
Registered
359 Posts
Is it cheap buying equipment there right now?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
It's definitely buyer beware. Broken lights in packaged sealed boxes etc. (Including led) I went in just for seachem prime. They didn't have any. Nothing is really priced so if you see something you have to ask. People were saying some stuff is still cheaper at petsmart. Lots of people were opening boxes so make sure you have all the pieces before you go. I hope someone buys the riparium on the front counter. There's fish in there too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just bought an Eheim 100W there. I think they still have Eheim 150W, 100W, 25W each when I left at 7:30pm.

Now all the items are 50% off told by the staff in the store.

Except some items has label on it.

I can't find any API fresh water test kit left but the API salt water test kit.

If someone need it, go grab it tomorrow. The expired date until 2020 if I remember it right.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Half price off their prices may not necessarily be a bargain. I liked their fish department (pricey, but healthy fish), but product prices were sometimes three times that of J&L. So even 70% off may be good, but not a killer deal.

Regarding no price tags on the products: I noticed that six months ago. I went in to buy a water additive that other stores sell for $12. When I got to the counter they rang up $35! I left without it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You can go to Monster fall auction, they will sell all other stuff on that event on Nov/5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
Half price off their prices may not necessarily be a bargain. I liked their fish department (pricey, but healthy fish), but product prices were sometimes three times that of J&L. So even 70% off may be good, but not a killer deal.

Regarding no price tags on the products: I noticed that six months ago. I went in to buy a water additive that other stores sell for $12. When I got to the counter they rang up $35! I left without it.
Exactly!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I got some NLS cichlid food, thats about it. 50% off...for a huge tub was still $50, so maybe saved $25 from ordering elsewhere online...

I went on wednesday at noon, about 50 people there most going for dog food... didn't think anything was that much of a deal, i live right near it and had time so i checked it out. Don't feel like you are missing anything.

·
Super Moderator
2,108 Posts
I've been buying things at Auctions/close outs/swap meets for 50 or more years.

I try to buy at 10% of last sale price

I take it/things home and clean them up fix if necessary and hope to sell for 25% if it is something I don't need.

I spent $800 last time I went to the Monster fall auction.

Don't miss the deals there

I have ended up with a lot of 'stuff' I thought everyone else would want<not>

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
I stopped by the close out sale, some good buys alright but the 2 hour lineup to pay turned me away, I'll go to our monster auction tomorrow instead. I guess it's ok if you have lots of time on your hands.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts