British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally had time to do my intro.

Had two mostly fish salt water (75g and 105g linked) for over 10 years.

I always tell people, fish is only half of my hobby. The other half is building and fixing things for the fish hobby. Froms stand to skimmer, air stones, calc reactor, sulphur chamber - just about everything and anything. Some of them had been sold at LFS and shipped to Big Al's in Calgary.

Started fresh water around last Christmas and here are my collection from earliest to most recent:

1. 45g tall angel and 30g tall community. Custom oak plw. stand planned for two tall 45g but mostly turned into a custom 72"x12"x24" (90g). The 2 SP3 will filter the 90 g. Shiny 20lb CO2 going to James (still wondering how that came to be :confused: ).
2 75g rainbow tank. Wood just thrown in there until my 6 ft custom tank mentioned above is set up. Large 6" barbs from Matt which is doing harvoc to my plants. Any taker, $10 for the pair - great deal from Matt.
3. 20g goldfish - 2 of them from April
4. 2g wall aquarium, shrimps from Patrick, mosquito rasboras & galaxy rasbora from April (thanks for the suggestion), plants from Stuart and Anthony, just added two juvenile BNP from Storm.
5. 90g African cichlid, most fish from Matt's 50 gallon tank. Oh, the the two wtill shy large jack dempsey free from James.
6. Not pictured (maxed out on 5 pics) 1.5g glass ball with endlers from Storm and plant from Stuart.

Having a blast on the forum but don't know if I have the time to keep up especially with all those fish tanks !!:D

Gordon

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Welcome :)

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Hey Gordon.

Nice to hear from you. I can't wait to see the mini munster set-up. Keep us posted.

Stuart

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi Stuart:

It was actually set up in the bathroom on a 7" ledge. Wife says that it was blocking the mirror. Picked up the wall aquarium 2 weeks later and the some ADA and the rest of the contents went to the wall aquarium. See the little bit of HC you gave me :) ?

I will probably turn the munster into a peace lilly terrarium (is that what it's called) like yours.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome gklaw. You sound very established in the hobby! I don't see your pics, though.

I am quite new and also not here too often as I borrow my friend's computer and use it when I'm at her house. Soon I will have my own computer, though.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
welcome...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts