British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 lava snails and 2 yellow rabbit snails, I had all 4 of them in my 33 gallon tank for awhile but eventually decided to move 1 lava snail and 1 rabbit snail to my 20 gallon tank as I noticed I had a few small baby rabbit snails. I also moved 2 baby snails to my 20 gallon tank and I moved 2 babies to my 10 gallon Platy fry tank. I noticed the other day however that one of the baby snails I moved to the 10 gallon tank isn’t yellow but actually orange with a smooth light brown/dark brown shell. Wondering if it’s actually a baby lava snail? From what I read they only seem to breed in brackish water which none of my tanks are but somehow happened anyway?
Hand Plant Insect Organism Gesture

Hand Vertebrate Insect Leaf Natural environment
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Plant Gesture Sunlight Grass Thigh

it’s kinda hard to tell in the photos but it’s actually orange not yellow I just didn’t want to take it out of the water for the photo and was hard to get my phone to focus with one hand.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Hard to tell from the color. I'm hoping its a baby lava or rabbit snail. I doubt it but are you sure it's not a Malaysian Trumpet snail that somehow got into the tank(color looks off for a malaysian trumpet snail)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts