British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully in North Vancouver, or just Vancouver in general lol, as my transportation is limited. I am most interested in cube shapes, but just email me pictures if you have a 1.5 (preferred) or 1 gallon tank. It would also be nice if it came with lights and/or a filter :) I am on a student's salary so... Nothing too expensive!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Zellers has the Tetra Water Wonders 1.5g for some 30 bucks... light and filter included although the light is terrible. You might be better off getting a glass tank custom made by a member.

ETA: Or just get a Minibow 2.5g. I can't think very many fish that would be okay in a 1.5g with only weekly cleanings. Unless its a shrimp tank. Even with a betta you would be cleaning a 1.5g out 3x weekly.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zellers has the Tetra Water Wonders 1.5g for some 30 bucks... light and filter included although the light is terrible. You might be better off getting a glass tank custom made by a member.
Yeah I think I saw that same tank at Walmart... I was trying to figure out if I could attatch my light to the tank and just remove the one it comes with. The same model is being given to me for free by a member of the site (still pending) so I am going to try that route first to save myself some money. I am on a student's salary, so unfortunately a custom tank is not in the budget atm.

ETA: Or just get a Minibow 2.5g. I can't think very many fish that would be okay in a 1.5g with only weekly cleanings. Unless its a shrimp tank. Even with a betta you would be cleaning a 1.5g out 3x weekly.
I am getting this tank for university, and they are only allowing '1 gallon betta bowls', so I am already cheating a bit by looking for an extra half gallon that is a tank and not a bowl ;) I was planning for multi cleanings a week, that's cool. I am being forced to condense my hobby into a 1.5 -_- so I am willing to put the time in to make it work. I have also been keeping fish for almost ten years now, with multiple tanks, so I am familiar with testing water parameters and can spot changes pretty quickly.

And because I am a research junkie, whatever I put into this will be based on knowledge and not whim buying :) So no worries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts