British Columbia Aquariums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This caught my eye on Craigslist & the first thing that came to my mind was this generous community here at BCA the ad reads:

"Fish tank aquarium wanted for 8 year old boy"
my 8 year old son loves fish and has saved up $25 for a fish tank
Looking for a 10 gallon tank/aquarium with lights and fillter for $25 or less
willing to pick up any offers please email to [email protected] or call 604-820-4822
Thank you have a nice day
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/wan/1711649239.html

even if someone had a 10 gal with a top for free he could get a new hob filter and heater for it at Walmart with the money he has. Could be a future member in the making lol

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am pretty sure that I have a 10G that i can donate to this but I don't think I have a lid for it. I will check my shed tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys rock!! Just 2 of the many reasons this is such a great community/site! I'm sure that kid is gonna be one happy fella by the weekend :)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Good on you guys. Always a good thing to help a kid get into the hobby. That's how I ot started, a free 10 gallon set up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Being an animal lover and still a "kid" (for a while at least), I remember the feeling of longing for a pet. Good on you guys for being great people and helping him get into the hobby!!! :D

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I have some natural gravel :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have angels and corries if some one can deliver

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have a 15 gallon eclipse bow front he can have it comes with built in filtration.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Holy smpkes eh :) I spoke to the guy and offered a free 10 gallon and filter so he would still have $ for a light . He is coming into town this week to pick up a company van ( his broke down yesterday ) he will be coming by my place to do so. I any one wants to donate a canopy and light ..:D.
He is also going to bring his son to have alook at my tanks.I am sure MTS as well as BTS virus will get passed on to him.:D....
Or his Dad might just go buy him a hamster instead ....upon seeing my place :D

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
ok well pass on i have a stand and canopy/light i can give them some seeded gravel and media that if they get when they r ready to set up the bacteria should still be good when they get home with it..... i have a few fish they can choose from if they want as well....i emailed them my phone # already. thanks Bill.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also have a canopy and light for a 10gal that I'm not using, and will give up for free... no stand though... offered some plant clippings too. Already sent an email...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I love this forum. You guys are all awesome. That kid is going to be so set up. And yes, MTS and BTS virus is definitely headed his way.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
LOL, Bill, you have probably changed the direction of that boy's life! Better just set him up with a 100 gallon and get it over with....

Holy smpkes eh :) I spoke to the guy and offered a free 10 gallon and filter so he would still have $ for a light . He is coming into town this week to pick up a company van ( his broke down yesterday ) he will be coming by my place to do so. I any one wants to donate a canopy and light ..:D.
He is also going to bring his son to have alook at my tanks.I am sure MTS as well as BTS virus will get passed on to him.:D....
Or his Dad might just go buy him a hamster instead ....upon seeing my place :D

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was just wondering what he finally got if anyone knows. 10gal 50gal 100gal? lol......This site and the members are just awesome & the generosity is amazing! Cheers to all of you!!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
the family came by the other day and i gave him my 10g set up but i didnt have an extra heater of that size....needed some cleaning, the gravel some rinsing and filter media but dad has a 55g he can steal some from. They actually have 2 boys so he was waiting to hook up with bill sometime next week i believe.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well thats good to hear. Maybe they will become members here, And Cheers to you Onefish! that was awesome of you & everyones else as well

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well they came by last night and grabbed the tank .filter and a bucket of gravel. Nice couple good kids. The tank he has is one of them dual cubes conected with to clear pipes ....like the one a member here has ...He says hes cruised the forum and will probably join.
He is from Mission and if anyone wants to offer him some tank trinkets out that way I am sure they would be more than gratefull .Number on first post ;).

Oh and us BCA Members....we do rock !! each and every one!!...except them Canuck haters .....:p ..lol j/k ...its just a game boys :p.
Sorry ..just had to :D
bill

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.