British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have a second hand glass lid for a ten gallon tank they are looking to part with before I go to PetSmart?

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've checked a couple of petsmarts and they didnt have any
I have a lead for a meet up on an UGF for pick up tomorrow but will still be looking for the glass top.

Thanks for the info, I will call my local one and see if they need to order in if I cant find one through a member here.

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a lead for a meet up on an UGF for pick up tomorrow but will still be looking for the glass top.

Thanks for the info, I will call my local one and see if they need to order in if I cant find one through a member here.

Cheers,
Sean
Found an undergravel filter and picked up this morning from a member here. Great deal as well. Still looking for a 19.5 inch glass top for 10 gallon tank. Will call Pet Smart Sunday if nobody here has one available.

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
double post

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the 409 West 2nd Avenue off Cambie location as its down the street from me and I asked if they would bring one in from another store that did have them in stock and they said no problem. They are sending one from the Langley location and I will pick it up on Wednesday on my way home from work.

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turns out that Petsmarts inventory system does not allow them to transfer items between locations. I will need to travel to the Metrotown location to pick up a hinged glass top as it is the closest to me with any in stock. I hate Metrotown...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
double post

·
Registered
420 Posts
Glass lid? Do you mean a canopy with light fixture OR just a sheet of glass to place between an existing canopy and the surface of the water?

I went to a local glass shop. Cut me a piece of 3mm glass at 19 3/8" x 8". $6 (plus taxes). The glass sheet fits into the rim trim - leaving an inch or so gap at the back for the filter, cords and hose to enter the tank. Feeding is done through that same gap. Works like a charm for having the condensation droplets fall back into the water. It also adds additional protection of the electrical fixture/bulbs in the canopy. (I have a bubble wall and air stone constantly breaking the surface of the water.)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its just the glass I am looking for and I thought of your idea having a piece of glass cut but I still need the trim pieces to fit around the HOB filters. For the extra bit of money I get it all in one package.

Thanks for your advice.

Off to Petsmart Metrotown then to J&L for a few other supplies.

Cheers,
Sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts