British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out innovative marine. thick low iron glass, rimless and cheaper than oversea import it seem. They are not the standard size and has overflow built in.

Thanks, maybe I need to look at JL‘s options if I can’t find a private sale. This brand seems to use black silicone which I’m not overly keen on. Will see what else they offer. 👍

·
Registered
667 Posts
email the company and see if they use black or clear. Looks like the black color is caused by the thickness of the glass and photograph rather than black silicone.

innovative marine glass is thicker too. Innovative 100g is 15 mm thick where the 120p is listed at 12mm thick. I would compared the 120p to the innovative 75g, but innovative 75g is only 3ft long and they use 12 mm glass.

Black color on the top of the glass

Greenish clear color from the side

Personally, I wouldn't use rimless despite how sleek it look. I prefer my house in tact from the excessive amount of moisuture going into the room. I used to lose about 1 to 2 gal of water from my 75g every 3 to 4 days with a 2" gap. of course, the basement is cold at around 18c and I heated the tank up to 23c + however much higher the light increase the temp during the day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts