British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm currently looking for a tank that is about 15-18" tall, but no smaller than 30 gallons. it's for a frag tank that i'm planning to set up in the near future, so obviously no previous copper treatments, etc. i prefer for it to be drilled (preferably on the bottom) but i'll consider non-drilled tanks too. also if you have any equipment you could throw in i'll also consider taking them too!

thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ps. i'm aware that island pet unlimited sells 30 gallons for $30 that is the appropriate size that i am looking for but the tanks they have don't look like they can be cleaned and the drilled holes have been sealed with acrylic and silicone so i don't want to bother with scraping that off.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
1 have a 30 gallon thats 15" tall.

Its unsealed though, i started scraping off the silicon to reseal it as it had a leak but i never got around to actually doing it.

10 bucks and its yours, it is undrilled though, and would be very hard to drill cause it is glass.

On a side note, i may have a couple 50 gallons, really wierd mesuements. 50 inches long by 15 tall, these tanks are drilled but have been sealed with silicon and acrylic. Also, they are devided in the middle and are very very scratched. Not good for show tanks, i was planning on usuing them for sumps. 15 bucks

Alex

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't want to have to reseal it myself i'm not confident enough to do that lol.

i'm not worried too much about drilling glass i drilled a 3/4 inch thick hole in my 70 gallon that i'm currently running and it is made of glass.

50 inches is too long for me i'm looking for more of a flattened cube kind of tank (if that makes sense)

thanks though!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i got your pm i pm'ed you back. the new site doesn't keep sent messages and don't give out popups that notify you of new pm's

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have some tanks that are 12x24x20" tall, will that work

·
Registered
101 Posts
search here and canreef for Breeder tanks. I think I read somewhere someone was selling some 30-40 gallon breeders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.