British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm upgrading to a 33gallon tank and would love to stock it to full capacity or at least 80-90% but my problem is I only have a aqua clear 200, so I'm looking to either buy a filter that's rated for 70+ gallons or possibly a smaller hob filter like a aqua clear 20-50 so I can just run two hobs.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I wish I could spend $100 on a canister filter my girlfriend would kill me as I've already spent over $500 on fish related things, may pick up another small aqua clear or hopefully I can find one used

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But wouldn't the flow rate be too much for my tank? Its filled with tetras and such I feel like 500gph is a bit much or can I set it lower?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
But wouldn't the flow rate be too much for my tank? Its filled with tetras and such I feel like 500gph is a bit much or can I set it lower?
It has a nozzle for the output that can be adjusted via a ball valve. I highly doubt that the output is actually 500gph though when packed with media, sponges etc. I had 2 of these on a 75G tank with the outputs pointed along the backside of the tank and the current wasn't overly strong.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm let me run it past the girlfriend, I wouldn't mind getting a better filter now but the only problem is I'm currently cycling with the aqua clear 200 so I'd have to run them in tandem until I built up bacteria in the xp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.