British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
You seem suspicious, you post LF then in a few weeks you post FS for quite higher price or combine with some other things you LF-ed and sell for much higher. E.g. the HC tank combo for $200.

You know it's not very ethical to buy from members here cheap and turn around and make a profit out of it, you know.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think Baron's just in the process of redoing his tanks which is why he's been FS/LF-ing a lot of things. How people value their products is another story - and not everybody agrees with it. Perhaps he spent tons of time researching, growing and putting together the HC carpet which is why he listed it for said price. Whether anything sells or not - people will choose - but I honestly don't think he has any intention of taking other people's stuff and making a profit from it. This is a hobbyist site and everyone values their belongings differently. Some people like to burn their things, some people like to sell it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
There's a few members here that we know each other and have traded/sold to tradebaron before. We were just discussing it yesterday via text and in person and we all noticed this trend. Furthermore when agreed on a price, another member/friend commented that tradebaron wanted to negotiate when it was meet up time. Well, that's not cool....

Yes it is a hobbyist site and if we're selling, probably most of us are doing it to compensate/ reimburse slightly for the newer things we are going to buy. Another reason for selling is because some rare plants or livestock are not readily available at our LFSs. Just think of how cherries and crystal reds came into play here in BC, it basically started with a few members bringing them over from asia. It was rare before, now it's much more widespread. Think of erio plants and buces now, it's rare and among hobbyists, maybe it might become more widespread in the future.

There's also various psychological studies that proves that when someone is buying something, he/she will treasure it much more compared to when it's free.

Having that said, of course different people have different views on value. But as a hobbyist site, keep in mind that we shouldn't be trying to make a profit of other members' good gesture of cheap plants/livestock/equipment.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
I totally understand where you're coming from - and I agree that we shouldn't be taking advantage of member's good gestures. We should hope that he takes your comments without offense and act accordingly moving forward =). I think what we all want to achieve is a community where it's more about helping one another rather than making a quick buck.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mysticalnet..Thanks for your concerns; but I also I believe it is unethical to make false claims about other’s members. Nobody likes a stickler… but you are entitled to your own opinion. I don't hold grudges. As Dou had mentioned, I have been constantly revamping my aquariums.. and layout changes constantly based on the availability of the things I can get. If I can’t get anubias.. I’ll LF something else.. and maybe rebuy what I have already traded to other people. I am fickle, but would never take advantage of earning an extra few cents(?) from people here.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have some anubias petite. 9 plants, some big some small. Small have 6-8 leaves, big have 13-15 leaves. Algae free. $35 bucks for all of it.
PM if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts