British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right spot for this thread, but here goes.

I am looking for a shop in the lower mainland where I can get sheets of acrylic from, preferably some smaller sheets. (I don't need a 4'x8' sheet right now). I also need the solvent/weld on for joining them together. If you know of anywhere that I can get this from please let me know.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Daniel
i don't know where to get them but i'd be interested to know also...

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
scratch that i do know where to look.
www.plasticworks.ca
604-501-9033
surrey plastic works ltd.
or you could look up Performance urethane products in Aldergrove also.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Here's another place too:

http://www.emplastic.com/about.html

Unit 121 1647 Broadway Street
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 6P8

Telephone: 604-468-4487
Toll Free: 1-800-663-9649
Facsimile: 604-468-4742

You might be able to get some off cut pieces from them depending what size you need. I think that there is another place in Burnaby somewhere around the Bainbridge & Lougheed Hwy area, but I can't remember their name.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Industrial Plastics and Paints supply Acrylic and materials. There are a few of them spread out across the Lower Mainland.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Daniel have you priced the sheets out yet?
read you really have to shop around for the best price.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Adrian, I have read that as well. No, I haven't priced sheets yet. The project I was thinking of using it for is quite small so I might be able to use some off cuts like Pamela suggested. I am just wanting for the dimensions from the member it is for before I start making calls. Or, I think Home Depot has small sheets of thinner acrylic as well, so that might work too, depending on how much I need.

I have also started playing with the idea of doing my own DIY aquarium, but need to get a lot more familiar with working with acrylic before I would attempt that. Depending on how difficult I find the welding will determine whether that would ever be an option. From reading up on it, it doesn't seem overly difficult in theory, but execution could be another matter entirely, especially when I would be thinking of a 240+ gallon aquarium. Still, would be a fun project.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts