British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was just starting this thread mainly for my self however i know a lot of other members are looking for these fish aswell. personally i am looking for a nice aggasizi pair. i know the sponsors where bringing them in for a while but i have not seen any recently so if your looking for any apistos maybe post it down here aswell and we can convince them to bring in a bunch on their next orders :p edit : oh except apisto cacs. you can usually find them in petstores in vancouver

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Agassizi which type?
Steel blue do exist! I bought mine at Richmond Centre for $10 for a pair? They had that 1cent deal weekend, so it's like buy one get one!
They have steel blue again, but they're yellow? LoL! They call them steel blue, looks like steel blue, but they're yellow!

And Canadian Aquatics, Pats got some Inca and triple reds!
And some at PJ's Pet in Richmond, bumped into some cheap Triple reds before as well!
IPU In Richmond had quite a few before, but prety much sold out quick~

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
agassizi have so many amazing types and although it depends each fish i see changes my mind but i am most set on a double red or white seam something along those lines with the red the fire red ones are stunning aswell but quite rare and usually about 50 bucks a pair if your lucky so :(

something along these lines though

http://www.apistoworldhk.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_8&products_id=777

http://www.apistoworldhk.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_8&products_id=53

and here is a picture of the fire reds just to tease everyone :p

http://www.apistoworldhk.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_8&products_id=821

i do actually know someone who can bring these in but again they are not cheap atleast 30 USD for a pair before shipping but if we can get enough people maybe? pm me if interested..

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agassizi which type?
Steel blue do exist! I bought mine at Richmond Centre for $10 for a pair? They had that 1cent deal weekend, so it's like buy one get one!
They have steel blue again, but they're yellow? LoL! They call them steel blue, looks like steel blue, but they're yellow!

And some at PJ's Pet in Richmond, bumped into some cheap Triple reds before as well!
the blue steel apistos often get mixed up with the borellis if they have yellow on them more so then the others then chances are they were borelli's or it was a female about to spawn :p

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
fraser valley tropicals has tons of apistogramma

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes kirk has the biggest selection right now ( inkas, wilds cacs, and borelli's) but sadly no aggassizi's :( .

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I know I would like aggassizii aswell

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
the blue steel apistos often get mixed up with the borellis if they have yellow on them more so then the others then chances are they were borelli's or it was a female about to spawn :p
HAHAH!! Thank you!!! I guess they're were borellis, unless it wuz a whole tank of 50 females ready to spawn! HAHAHA!!!

But I have bought steel blue, the bornellos there..~ the steel blue ones.. definitely pretty! But this batch... ain't interested!

·
Registered
217 Posts
IPU @ Richmond had some regular Agassizi's available last week, they didn't list a price or a name though when I was there. Both agassizi's you posted were brought in before by Pat (Super Red) and April (White Seam), I'm sure they can re-order some more if they're available. Fire Reds are a little more tricky, they're pretty common in Asia but I've never seen any in BC; Aquabid does usually have some for sale though and depending on your luck you might be able to snag a pair for a good price.

Good luck with your search :)

Jim

·
Banned
409 Posts
Agassizi which type?

Steel Blue are blue not yellow....probably a borrellli....during mating they sometimes turn yellow....I have Incas, Borrellis and Triple Reds in stock.....it might be hard to get other Apistos right now because the may be out of season

1 - 11 of 11 Posts