British Columbia Aquariums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im looking for the hikari brand aro sticks ..

anybody have some they are not using ? half bag or full bag doeS not matter

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Its the reason why I gave up feeding the 2.2lbs hikari foods to my fish and goes to TnT for frozen or fresh meaty foods. 2.2lbs floating sticks and masivores at the same time will only last me 3 days. That makes 4.4lbs in 3 days. Just don't have enough money to keep buying them every 3 days. Most of those pellets goes for the ripsaw catfish. So if you're planning to keep that ripsaw catfish and grew them to 2 feet or more, you'll be needing more than that 2.2lbs hikari pellets or some of your fish will starve. That will be the same for the irwini and mine are starting to become vacuum cleaners too.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Its the reason why I gave up feeding the 2.2lbs hikari foods to my fish and goes to TnT for frozen or fresh meaty foods. 2.2lbs floating sticks and masivores at the same time will only last me 3 days. That makes 4.4lbs in 3 days. Just don't have enough money to keep buying them every 3 days. Most of those pellets goes for the ripsaw catfish. So if you're planning to keep that ripsaw catfish and grew them to 2 feet or more, you'll be needing more than that 2.2lbs hikari pellets or some of your fish will starve. That will be the same for the irwini and mine are starting to become vacuum cleaners too.
wow Earl, the longer you have these fish the more broke you gonna be :). I thought feeding dry food will last longer for them compare to fresh meat. I have to gave away my silver aro because it eats the same or more food then my other 3 asian aro and since I am not into silver :mad:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks like i might need the 2.2 pound bag of this stuff afterall .., seems like the food of choice for all my fish ..?? [email protected]! my p-bass are even eating it ?? LOL

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
wow Earl, the longer you have these fish the more broke you gonna be :). I thought feeding dry food will last longer for them compare to fresh meat. I have to gave away my silver aro because it eats the same or more food then my other 3 asian aro and since I am not into silver :mad:
Monster fish keeping is an expensive style of aquarium hobby.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
looks like i might need the 2.2 pound bag of this stuff afterall .., seems like the food of choice for all my fish ..?? [email protected]! my p-bass are even eating it ?? LOL
Hey it's good to get them now as the USD and CAD are par from each other.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.