British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to borrow or buy some for the upcoming Spring Break. 2 weeks is just too long for the fish to go hungry. Let me know what you have. Thanks.

Anthony 604-868-5553

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the backup plan in case I can't get the maintenance crew to feed the fish a couple of times over Spring Break. Principal talking to the lady today about it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Actually . . . two weeks is not too long in some cases. I have 20 (SMALL) freshwater fish who have gone three weeks on just one of those "slow-dissolve" Feeder Blocks dropped into the tank at the beginning. Everything was fine when I returned home. (Of course, the tank also has live plants on which some algae collects and were probably useful to the Corys, Guppies, and the Otos.) Tetras and Glowlights managed with the block.

Disclaimer: I wouldn't recommend the "feeder blocks" as a rule, but - in a pinch - these are OK.

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dave. I found a second one in my spares collection. I may be heading to North Van next week so let me know when you're available. The kids at Brantford elementary thank you too.

Anthony

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ended up being able to arrange for the lady who cleans the school over Spring Break to feed the fish every other day. Felicia's teacher will also let me in once a week to top off all the tanks and give all the fish a feeding of frozen foods as a treat.

thanks

Anthony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.