British Columbia Aquariums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I should put in just a glass top and have lighting on it. My tank is 4ft long and 50 gallon. I want to get a canopy with lightning on it too. Please pm'd or reply. if you know any stores that has it cheap or if you're selling it cheap thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
are there going to be plants in there? And what kind of lighting are you looking to get ....standard T8, T5 NO , T5 HO? A standard 36" T8 or T5 will not be very bright for a 48" tank, and it will give you dark areas on each side of the light. That's what my 48" has now since my other light just broke and it's pretty dim in there except right under the light. Also if you want a glass top J&L aquatics carries them for around $35. They also carry a Sunlight Supply Sun Blaze T5 HO Strip Light (48 Inch, 54 Watt) that would light it up quite nicely. It doesn't come with a reflector , but they sell the one for it there too. The light is $33.45 & the reflector is $18.95 plus tax. Good price for a sufficient high output light for your tank. Here's the link for the light: Sunlight Supply Sun Blaze T5 HO Strip Light (48 Inch, 54 Watt)
and the link for the reflector:Sunlight Supply Sunblaze Strip Light Reflector (54 Watt)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are there going to be plants in there? And what kind of lighting are you looking to get ....standard T8, T5 NO , T5 HO? A standard 36" T8 or T5 will not be very bright for a 48" tank, and it will give you dark areas on each side of the light. That's what my 48" has now since my other light just broke and it's pretty dim in there except right under the light. Also if you want a glass top J&L aquatics carries them for around $35. They also carry a Sunlight Supply Sun Blaze T5 HO Strip Light (48 Inch, 54 Watt) that would light it up quite nicely. It doesn't come with a reflector , but they sell the one for it there too. The light is $33.45 & the reflector is $18.95 plus tax. Good price for a sufficient high output light for your tank. Here's the link for the light: Sunlight Supply Sun Blaze T5 HO Strip Light (48 Inch, 54 Watt)
and the link for the reflector:Sunlight Supply Sunblaze Strip Light Reflector (54 Watt)
TADA! thank you!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.