Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am pretty new with only about 1.5 months with a 5.5 g tank with a betta, apple snail, gravel, filter, heater, some decoration and a few plants that I don't seem to grow well. So, I am looking for advices plus cheap plants that I hopefully will be able to grow. The lighting is an IKEA 15W desc light that I got reccomented in the pet store, maybe not the best though :(

I have 1 hair grass and 1 other plant that I will try to find the name later, plus lots of hornwort that seems to be the only one to do really well. The hairgrass started well, but now loses the colour and some leaves are "melting" in water. This might be due to the aquarium salt I added to treat my betta.

I probably have to post that in the plants section to get some advices.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
hairgrass requires better lighting and typically CO2 from my understanding.

I'd check out an Anubias, I've got that settled and floating in my bowl, it's a great low light plant to ad into the mix.

You can take a look at some of the low light plants at one of our sponsor's website, AquaFloraNurseries.com

Here's a direct link to the low light plant listings: Aquaflora Store - Low Light - AquaPak Plants

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for the link, I'll check them right away!

Thanks, bowman, I just don't like this one :(
I got some great lists in the plants section as well, so hopefully I'll have better planted tank soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.