Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I wan to buy 40 cherry shrimps. doesn't matter what grade it is. I just wanna something cheap and easy to try 2nd time. My first try was no good.:( Please send me some offers. Thank you.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I don't think you need to start with 40. If you don't care about grade you should just buy the normal cherry from pat. 25$ for 15. 15 is easier to manage and count and you know if you suffer any shrimp lost.

Too bad I lost more than half of my shrimp population and they aren't breeding right now.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think you need to start with 40. If you don't care about grade you should just buy the normal cherry from pat. 25$ for 15. 15 is easier to manage and count and you know if you suffer any shrimp lost.

Too bad I lost more than half of my shrimp population and they aren't breeding right now.
Thank you, outsider. You gave me lots good suggestions. The reason I want to start with 40 is I am using a heavily planted 20 long tank almost fully carpeted with hairgrass. I am afraid if I only get 15, I won't bee able to see them often.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thank you, outsider. You gave me lots good suggestions. The reason I want to start with 40 is I am using a heavily planted 20 long tank almost fully carpeted with hairgrass. I am afraid if I only get 15, I won't bee able to see them often.
If you don't have other fish in the tank, than you won't have problem see them. (My cherry are all over the price in my 8.9 gallon as I only have pymgy cory and oto in the tank.) However if you have larger fish you won't see your shrimp much. (I know that first hand with my 45 gallon community tank since I have rummy nose tetra and peacock goby in the tank.)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don't have other fish in the tank, than you won't have problem see them. (My cherry are all over the price in my 8.9 gallon as I only have pymgy cory and oto in the tank.) However if you have larger fish you won't see your shrimp much. (I know that first hand with my 45 gallon community tank since I have rummy nose tetra and peacock goby in the tank.)
This makes sense. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.