British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
you can't have mine....

Call April.... She had some in not long ago...

Noah's Pet Ark gets them in from time to time...

My fishy friend has them too...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darn it... I was hoping I could have yours.... :)
Noah's Pet Ark on west broadway? do you know roughly how much? Thanks.

·
Registered
549 Posts
going price is ussually around 2.50 I think my fishy friends has a speaical on them right now.

# Chili Rasbora - $2.00 (11 for $20)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have to becareful with BRIGITTE RASBORAS because some are pinkish and never go red... however Chilis are red.... Google them and you'll notice what I mean..

·
Registered
549 Posts
Also when you get them home they'll be as clear as the plastic bag you brought them home in. They'll need time to get their color back ussually within a week...

it's the

Phoenix Rasbora
Boraras merah

that you want to watch out for they don't get as bright red...

i really want

Zebra Rasbora
Danio erythromicron

also

Sparrow Rasbora
Boraras uropthalmoides

they're cool too

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still looking.........
Some places are sold out, and others seem to have different species. Looking for Chilis :)

·
Super Moderator
5,241 Posts
Hey Thomas.

My Fishy Friends (Couch) may still have some. Chilis are/were on his list. If he can confirm they are the same batch as mine, then they are the same ones that are in my 15 gallon tank.

Good luck on the hunt.

Stuart

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Just made a trip down to IPU in burnaby..... Looked around and also asked some staff.... They don't have any chili rasboras..
Only thing they have is pork chop rasboras.

Really disappointing.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
TN23,
They are listed as Mosquito Rasboras. Truthfully I have never heard the name Chilli Rasboras. Simple mistake. They could have phoned me to confirm if you had asked them. Sorry you are disappointed but they are there. Top tank bare bottom by the packing station. Tried to help you, sorry it backfired.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^hmm I asked a guy and the only Rasboras they had there are the pork chops he said.

I guess its time for me to go back again...

Thanks for clarifying I'll ask that guy again. Shorter Asian gentlemen.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
^hmm I asked a guy and the only Rasboras they had there are the pork chops he said.

I guess its time for me to go back again...

Thanks for clarifying I'll ask that guy again. Shorter Asian gentlemen.
That was Chris you were speaking to. They are in the same tank as the Zebra snails right by the packing station and they are labeled as Mosquito Rasbora. They are on a blue background so they do not show up very well and are tiny as you know.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts