British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
High tech systems (paintball/cylinder with reg) will pop up from time to time on the forum from private sellers, and usually at a great price.

Our sponsors will also have systems available, but you will be paying a bit more.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I've got a new and filled 5 pound CO2 tank available. I'll check but I may also have a regulator. I'm also located in Richmond. If you're still interested, PM and I'll check for the regulator tonight

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just a word of advice, do not choose co2 regulators for the low cost, it is one thing that you truly get what you pay for.
I have found , that the prices you pay for the entry level stuff commercially available,you can piece together something of competitive prices and way better quality and function.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If those are your preference, the order you list them would be order if preference if quality if had to choose from that pool, Aquatek wouldn't be on my radar, just my thoughts .
Which GLA model?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If those are your preference, the order you list them would be order if preference if quality if had to choose from that pool, Aquatek wouldn't be on my radar, just my thoughts .
Which GLA model?
Aquatek doesn't have premium regulators? What about Co2 Art and GLA?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't use CO2 so I don't know too much about it, but from what I've gathered, it seems like CO2art is one of the best low end regulators. I've heard GLA is much better. You could also probably DIY something similar in quality (or get someone to put it together for you) for half the cost.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Aquatek doesn't have premium regulators? What about Co2 Art and GLA?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
GLA has several models , in fact so does CO2 Art.
I have never used either as i prefer to assemble my own, that said when i look at what GLA is offering in their entry level line, the quality is decent but the cost is a bit out there if you are in Canada ( as you are). I have a buddy who went the GLA route shipped to Ottawa, he almost keeled over when faced with the final cost ( exchange,shipping, duties etc.)
If i were trying to do it on a shoe string budget, i would probably settle for CO2 Art, perhaps sacrificing a bit on quality but as mentioned earlier a DIY ,mimicking GLA entry level may save you some $$ .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts